Fm 2010 rogue game & sheer greed by si

Open letter to SI.

FM 2010 ROGUE GAME & SHEER GREED BY SI

I've been an FM fan since the 1st release of CM days back in early 90's, so know very well the development of FM through all these years.

I've wrote countless times for 10 years now to offer my expertise in helping develop this game we all love, but no reply.

For 5 years now, SI have achieved a vast amount of experience regarding match engine and players behaviour regarding physics of players and ball, stats, etc, so it is unacceptable and unforgivable to allow this version to come out, when they knew all too well, that the product was a rogue one, and SI only concern was to take money from a pocket of a very dedicated fan-base.

Just sheer greed and unprofessional. If I was a developer I would not want my name connected with this product.

Bugs and more bugs, match engine and players behaviour regarding stats a complete joke, pre-conceived ideas about football programmed into the game plain stupid, too predictable behaviour, tactic, players and team instructions does not bear any weight into result, player roles and duties are pure cosmetic, well the list could go on for 2 weeks.

If you, SI, really cared, you could have done a little research with OPTA stats, and you would know for example, that Jamie Carragher have scored 1 goal for Liverpool in past 10 years or Obi Mikel never scored for Chelsea.

With this in mind, it would be obvious for the likes of Carragher, Obi Mikel, or P.Ferreira to have problems scoring in this game, but unbelievable SI turn these kind of goal-shy players into amazing goalscorers. Carragher just score 6 goals in 3 games against me in the space of 6 weeks finishing the season with 15 goals!!!!??? 7th best goalscorer in PL.

Obi Mikel a hat-trick of three 35 yards in 1 match, or P.Ferreira 2 goals in 1 match, one of them a rocket from halfway line near the throw-in line, or a team conceding 3 goals in 50 seconds?????????!!!!??

If you had done your homework and played the game, it wouldn't be necessary for people to be sending saved games for you to check for bugs.

People have been complaining for years regarding the match engine, but what SI is really interested is cosmetics, easy to do, and quick to launch to get money. If any of you do not have a clue about real football, and obviously never played in any level to understand the game, just ask for help.

Just think outside the box.

Best regards

Zico10

I've been an FM fan since the 1st release of CM days back in early 90's

Why do all rants start like this?

If you've really been playing it that long then you should realise thats bugs are part and parcel of this type of game, it is impossible to get perfect due to the sheer complexity of football.

There is nothing game-breaking unlike CM4.

I'm not sure you can code something into the game about certain players struggling to score, if you're going to complain about that you should complain if Alexander missed a penalty.

As amusing and silly threads like this can be, I'm afraid the saying there's no smoke without fire often applies, sadly.

It's no worse than every other version, in fact there are less bugs than a lot of previous versions.

There are threads like this every year, it's nothing new. Someone says this about each new version, but there are a lot of people out there enjoying the game, knowing it won't be perfect.

The people that are happy with the game aren't on here posting about it, will always be more people moaning than praising SI/FM, which does give the feeling that the majority aren't happy.

Why do all rants start like this?

If you've really been playing it that long then you should realise thats bugs are part and parcel of this type of game, it is impossible to get perfect due to the sheer complexity of football.

There is nothing game-breaking unlike CM4.

I'm not sure you can code something into the game about certain players struggling to score, if you're going to complain about that you should complain if Alexander missed a penalty.

If you read all the complaints about the game in this forum alone, you would understand that there are bugs and bugs. Bugs that are acceptable and bugs that are not acceptable. I made it clear, reporting a few examples, and when you publicize to make a product with realism, that's unacceptable to have this number of mistakes.

Even the rules of the game are wrong, like the off-side or back pass to GK.

So, if you are not sure if its possible to create a code for players regarding whatever their attributes are in real life, when you have players with attribute of 5 long shots, and they score hat-tricks of 35 yards, and others with 18 long shots scores 1 out of 20, football league strikers with finishing 7 or 8, finishing 1 in 2 chances better than a world class striker with composure, technique and finishing of 19, who needs 8 chances to score, and for you to come up with this Alexander penalty example, is very poor,I'm sorry...!!

It's no worse than every other version, in fact there are less bugs than a lot of previous versions.

There are threads like this every year, it's nothing new. Someone says this about each new version, but there are a lot of people out there enjoying the game, knowing it won't be perfect.

The people that are happy with the game aren't on here posting about it, will always be more people moaning than praising SI/FM, which does give the feeling that the majority aren't happy.

Exactly. Well said. The people enjoying it are too busy doing just that to start ranting.

I wonder how many times one of the OP's players has scored more in one season than in his whole career before. I'd wager it's happened in the OP's 'extensive' FM career, yet fairly sure there was no thread about it. Why? Because he's the sort that only notices when it goes against him.

FM09 was terrible for bugs, a complete joke of a game.

FM10 is very close to being great, a few slight issues aside ( Silly ME at times, training is still very basic with its sliders, regens not good enough etc etc )

I have played these games for as long as the OP and they seem to have more and more bugs per release, which is probably because the game is getting more and more advanced. It's very frustrating but at least a little understandable.

I have said this once and i will say it again, SI need to release the game every 2 years now because its very annoying to get such games released and have to wait months on end for a patch to fix issues which then brings another bug which you have to wait another patch for. Sadly for us theres no real competition for SI so they can do what they want and people will continue to throw money at them.

I must add that the OP has a point, the off side rule doesnt work as it does in real life, you will get flagged offside if any player is off, even if hes at the other side of the pitch and this is just a one of many little 'bugs' that could get ironed out if the game was released every 2 years. I really hate the fact that transfers are still done pretty much exactly the same way as they have always been, time to move on a little.......I want to sit down with the player, ask him questions or something, get a proper medical report from the club doctors and how come theres basically nothing in the game about agents? I want them pestering me to sign their players like they do in real life.

Nobody is saying that this game is terrible, but it could be much, much better and would benefit from having more time in development, but sadly SI will make enough money from loyal fans and the trolls in this thread that seem to believe the game is perfect and continue to release the game yearly.

FM09 was terrible for bugs, a complete joke of a game.

FM10 is very close to being great, a few slight issues aside ( Silly ME at times, training is still very basic with its sliders, regens not good enough etc etc )

I have played these games for as long as the OP and they seem to have more and more bugs per release, which is probably because the game is getting more and more advanced. It's very frustrating but at least a little understandable.

I have said this once and i will say it again, SI need to release the game every 2 years now because its very annoying to get such games released and have to wait months on end for a patch to fix issues which then brings another bug which you have to wait another patch for. Sadly for us theres no real competition for SI so they can do what they want and people will continue to throw money at them.

Well said Seabeast!!

Nobody has trolled in this thread until this:

Nobody is saying that this game is terrible, but it could be much, much better and would benefit from having more time in development, but sadly SI will make enough money from loyal fans and the trolls in this thread that seem to believe the game is perfect and continue to release the game yearly.

Nobody has stated the game is perfect, infact they have stated there are bugs.

Exactly. Well said. The people enjoying it are too busy doing just that to start ranting.

I wonder how many times one of the OP's players has scored more in one season than in his whole career before. I'd wager it's happened in the OP's 'extensive' FM career, yet fairly sure there was no thread about it. Why? Because he's the sort that only notices when it goes against him.

I think I was one. I was quietly loving this game for years, never bothered posting until FM 2009 and that was 2 rant about it.

If I had loved 2009 I wouldnt of bothered making an account. While I was happy with FM I didn't feel the need.

Although I did stick around to say how much I loved 2010 just to balance it a bit.

as has already been said every version will have bugs. i am really enjoying the 10.2 version as it is a big improvement. in fact years ago before i even knew about these forums i didnt even know bugs existed in fm/cm so thank you zico for pointing out the flaws i could not see. lol

Nobody has trolled in this thread until this:

Nobody has stated the game is perfect, infact they have stated there are bugs.

I don't see how thats trolling, but ok.

I did actually mean the forums in general, not just this thread. If you actually have a look through most threads about the issues people are having with the game you will always get one of two SI fanbois that feel the need to defend the game and dismiss the issue that some players are having, and its quite sad.

It would be nice to have more threads about the issues within the game that the trolls dont feel the need to ruin due to blind love for FM.

As I actually know the bug count on release compared with previous versions I can categorically refute the OP's contention.

Miles did outline the new bug and development management process in a post some time ago and I can testify that it's been hugely effective.

That doesn' mean of course that there aren't any, it does indicate how SI are prepared to try all routes to improve the quality though.

If the OP would like to post his thoughts without the insults I'm sure we'd all like to discuss it, but because of his insulting manner this thread is closed.

Archived