The Best Signing u Have Made

well the best signing i have made on football manager 2010 was Edin Dzeko one fantastic player on my second seasen with sunderland and he was the one that saved us from getting relegated from premier league last game :p age 25 (Striker) Bought him from Wolfsburg in germany he scored 10 goals out of 17 for me in his first season.

FM07 - Cardenas/Millian (World Class Youngsters)

FM08 - Villa (Took Chelsea side to glory with over 500 goals for the club)

FM09 - Vela/Paloschi (Both become amazing strikers that scored unbelivable amount for my AC Milan side for 10+ years)

FM10 - Yet to be decided ;)

Stewart Downing for me, back in CM03/04.

I was managing Burton Albion and had just been promoted to Division 2. Must have been about 4-5 seasons into the game. Brought him in for £100k from Middlesbrough and he was by far the best player in my team, probably the best in the division. He led the way to the Premier League and by that time he was team captain and a starter in the England squad.

Not too bad for £100k I think!

Yevhen Seleznyov or Eugene Seleznyov as it's sometimes spelt. Brilliant target man and gets loads of goals too. Put a quick poacher alongside him and watch them go!

Milevsky is good when he becomes available on a free too and i like Bernado, the Brazilian centre midfielder.

Can't really remember any great signings from recent FM's. I still have fond memories of some great signings from the older games though.

CM99/00 - Javier Saviola, Tonton Zola Moukoko, Jonas Lunden and a host of other Scandinavians. Also half of the Peterborough side which contained the likes of Simon Davies and Matthew etherington were class. You could build a team of u-21 superstars fro a few million and dominate the game for years.

Cm00/01 (i think) - Mark Kerr from Falkirk was a fantastic signing. Also i think Orri freyr Oskarsson was on this game as well and he was lethal up front.

I signed a spanish striker called Jose Maria Callejon on a free for my Norwich team in the 2nd season, he is now Norwich's all time leading goal scorer and has scored 151 league goals in just under 200 appearances for me :) been leading goal scorer in the championship for the past two seasons (both with 40+ goals) unforunately I havent got out of the Championship yet to see if he can do it in the Prem!!

On FM10, easily VDV. In 3 1/2 seasons hit over 80 goals and had over 60 assists for my villa side. Closely followed by Ochoa - "Superkeeper" is an insult to him :D

On FM09 though I always signed Marquinhos and Keirrison from Palmeiras, lethal partnership!!

Signing? For me, its signings.

Neymar - score goals consistently, assists with goals and have been increasing his goal tallie each season. He's only 22 on my game as well.

Gago - brought him for Man City to replace Barry (who i have found awful in my game) and has been a consisteny performer. Gets 8+ often and has almost a 90% pass completion ratio at end of season.

Vela - scores a ton of goals with Neymar next to him, i had them both along side each other when i was with West Ham.

Guilermo Ochoa - a shot stopper machine, very reliable goalkeeper (not superkeeper) and makes very few mistakes.

and last but not least

Fabregas - brought him for 80mil when playing Barca. Replaced an aging Xavi perfectly and has been giving assists and fantastic passing throughout the current season.

FM 07 - Eduardo Ratinho

FM08 - an older Samuel Eto'o that wound up getting 30 goals for me

FM09 - Cristiano Ronaldo/David Beckham, got Ronaldo for a ton but was worth it. Becks was a free that wound up being La Liga player of the year and CL player of the year the next.

FM10 - Ruud van Nistelrooy on loan, Angel Di Maria

Way back in CM 99/00 (or was it 00/01?)... signed Paul Bagshaw from Barnsley for my all-conquering Liverpool team as a replacement for Robbie Fowler. Got him for £1m, and he was an immediate hit, forging an amazing partnership with Michael Owen for club and country, scoring an amazing 450 goals in around 600 matches, as well as getting on the scoresheet for England 92 times in 105 caps.

What a guy.

I'm playing as Bristol Rovers and I just signed Ben Parker. This will be followed up with the signing of John Sutton and together all of us can march into midtable obscurity.

i signed a guy called willy topp for my bristol rovers team what a legend he is. he scored 27 goals in his first season.

With Hayes & Yeading United in june 2013 (beginning of the first EPL season ever for the club) signed on a free:

- Sergio Busquets (Barca)

- Chris Gadi (OM)

Busquets is a good MC and Gadi is my best striker and he always seems keen to learn new moves, he's now my favorite tutor for young strikers, I'm receiving good offers from Juventus or other big clubs but he'll never leave London.

Vagner Love + Marco Borriello with Newcastle-Finished runner-up in the premier league-if i didn't lose 6-0 to 10 man man.city on the last day of the season they woulda been title winners.

Busquets and Zapata were also in that team and did really well.

Archived