The McCarthy approach .... how do i gloss over this in a team talk?

So i do really well in the cups. Playing as Stafford( no money) I have a good cup run. I get to the first round of the F.A. cup (i won 3 qualifying games) I draw Leicester city......i have 4 loan players ineligible, 3 long term key player injuries..... i pick anyone that is left, i have 2 subs, i have no one else. I do not even bother with press conference, go and enjoy the game , i tell the players....We hung on for 20 mins and then the obvious kicked in.

Lost the game 10 nil...but i did not care was going to lose anyway. But 10 nil? that is too much. I capitulated because i was going to be beaten anyway... i set the game speed to max and watched the goals fly in, i offer no half time talk no full time talk. All i really want to say is that " lads u really do not stand a snowmans balls in hell chance of winning and i would rather you all stayed fit"

inevitably, i lost the match, the team are despondant, the fans are furious and the board are concerned.

Basically, i decided to lose this game

i DID care, 10 - 0 is embarrassing, i expected to lose.... but not 10-0 ( the first 3 were penalties...ffs) .Just the team talks . how did mick Mccarthy get his done..." lads u cannot compete with these, you are lesser footballers u are crapper than they.. I know u will lose, just keep it respectable.....ok boss,

So i do really well in the cups. Playing as Stafford( no money) I have a good cup run. I get to the first round of the F.A. cup (i won 3 qualifying games) I draw Leicester city......i have 4 loan players ineligible, 3 long term key player injuries..... i pick anyone that is left, i have 2 subs, i have no one else. I do not even bother with press conference, go and enjoy the game , i tell the players....We hung on for 20 mins and then the obvious kicked in.

Lost the game 10 nil...but i did not care was going to lose anyway. But 10 nil? that is too much. I capitulated because i was going to be beaten anyway... i set the game speed to max and watched the goals fly in, i offer no half time talk no full time talk. All i really want to say is that " lads u really do not stand a snowmans balls in hell chance of winning and i would rather you all stayed fit"

inevitably, i lost the match, the team are despondant, the fans are furious and the board are concerned.

Basically, i decided to lose this game

That part actually made me laugh abit

That 10 nil part was so unexpected

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, thanks all. I did give it up as a lost cause, agree with phompenhandy....they never really forgave us for the lack of effort. It is a burden i carry.

Lol at slick mongoose....i would have readily accused my players of all sorts after that shambles. Just a reference to wolves's Michael McCarthy's supposedly weakened team against man u.

Archived