worst ever signing you made

I spent $100mil on a Brazilian center back named Lincoln (he was a fictional player that popped up around 2020 in my game). Pretty good player, but a year later he complained when I turned down an offer from Barca, then had problems with another player on the squad. Sold him for pennies on the dollar soon thereafter

Michael Ball, free.

He was that bad.

he was good for me :o , considering how badly i needed fullbacks.. he did good job and won 2 leagues.. L2 L1 ( france ) ( ye i used him in l1 as rotation atleast)

i bought some fullback when my leeds were promoted to prm.. for 14.5.. that guy wasnt worth it.. nor he performed even for half >_< and everyone hated me for singing him for that price

i dont really have one atm but 1 transfer i dont recently with man utd i got 30m Hamisk he do nothing in midfielder lol testing in various instuction atm told him not to cut in atm might tell him play killer ball if he willing to listen to me lol heheheh

It's looking to be this regen striker from Mali that I just picked up for 12m. He has ridiculous ratings for jumping, heading, and strength, but can't seem to score. Something like 800 minutes without a goal. I'm blaming it on the keepers. ;)

Marquinhos for £13.75m (the one who starts at Internacional & on loan at Nautico)

His attributes were quality and was highly rated as one of the best players in my Bradford side but he had problems settling in couldn't cut mustard in the english premier league and sold him a year later to Bayer Leverkusen for £12.75m with 30% from future fee.

For me he ade 32 starts in all competitions & 18 sub appearances scoring 2 goals & 12 assists & had a month off mid season as i allowed him leave in a bid to kick start his season when he got back

I once spent £500,000 on a player who played in my reserves for 4 years. He left on a free. The following year, I signed him back for £750,000 - to put him right back into the reserves. True Story.

LOOOOOOOL. Do you no what i have changed my mind infact. in FM10 Efrain Jaurez WOW he was rubbish i signed him for 750,000 ( he was 20 years of age) at first he looked like a decent young player then he got dropped from the mexican U20 Squad then ever since then he just went bad then i released him. After awhile he could not find a club so he retired at the age of 20. Moving to chelsea from mexico was the worst decision of his life. I ruined his whole career. LOL

True story also.

Damn ive had a few ,

Luis Fabiano - 29m - He scored 3 Goals in 64 Appz - I was so so annoyed i sold him back for 15m..

Same here i signed him to on FM08 and he was seriously wack 12 goals in 2 seasons thats poor. Also he got a ban for 3 months for headbutting a player lol.

This is the word of Advice.............

If you want to buy a striker and all of a sudden you think "OH i wanna buy Luis Fabiano he is decent and not that pricey what a bargain" DON'T LISTEN TO YOUR'E MIND because when you buy him he will fail you hard lol.

A guy called Victor I signed from somewhere in spain for £2.5m (the whole of my AZ Alkmaar budget) as i tried to break the Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV monopoly. I finished 4th but he had the fantastic record of 24 games, 0 goals. His strike partner carried the burden well, and my only other option was 17 years old and a big pile of camel pooh.

he was good for me :o , considering how badly i needed fullbacks.. he did good job and won 2 leagues.. L2 L1 ( france ) ( ye i used him in l1 as rotation atleast)

i bought some fullback when my leeds were promoted to prm.. for 14.5.. that guy wasnt worth it.. nor he performed even for half >_< and everyone hated me for singing him for that price

I needed a LB for Espanyol iirc, or it may have been Zaragoza. Either way he averaged about 6. :eek:

7 on a good day, 6.2-6.4ish most, and 4ish against good teams.

I'm going very retro. Championship Manager 01/02 I decided that an offer from Real Madrid for David Beckham was too good to refuse, and the theory was to replace him with Sergio Conceicao. I can't remember the figures exactly anymore but ball-park I got around £35m for Beckham and spent £25m on Conceicao. He is still remembered 7 years on as the worst signing I have ever made and it is a record I have no desire to beat

on 09 i was shocked when i bought augero and he was a massive flop first season had a average regen keeping him out the team but second season in he scoure something like 30 in 40 games and just got better was a big worry seem as i spent about 50 mill on him

and on fm10 i bought a regen 20 mil had good stats was only 17 when he was 20 his stats were really good but just really didnt like to score no matter what i did or changed him around he just ****ed everything up

I bought a bad keeper in FM07, I forgot his name. For FM10 would probably be Lucas Neil on free for Rangers. He was 33 and never started a game just cause I realized I didn't need him. Sold him for 300k 6 months later. Had a few terrible flops in my long FM09 save, a Russian regen striker comes to mind, couldn't score to save his life.

Some striker called Cheeseman in the Conference North for my half decent team, he scored once in 42 games, including a 39 game goal-less streak.

signed him on my game second season playing as an amateur side in the lower northern ireland leagues, 33 years old played only 6 games for me before being taken by a bigger side scored 3 and 3 assists for me

I bought Gignac in FM10 as (my intention) a replacement for Carlton Cole to play along-side Torres for Liverpool. Bought him for £25 million and while he did well in Europe scoring about 8 Goals he couldn't hit a barn door in the league scoring just 4 goals all season. Luck would have it that the Cole/Torres partnership worked and due to success Gignac's price was still high; Palermo took him off my hands for £22m at the end of the season

I bought Sunny for £400k from Valencia. He never played a single game as Valencia let him play for Valencia Mestalla after they'd agreed the transfer and so he was ineligible to play games for me when he signed on the 1st January. He never played as I left the club to manage Arsenal before the next season began.

Thats the worst one I can remember, but there have been highly priced youth players come in on big wages and amount to nothing before leaving for peanuts on just about every version of FM and CM before that. One year I had 60 players in my reserve team, and only about 5-6 made it to the first team.

ive had a few with my juventus team in fm 09:

Ewerthon for 7.5mill from Zaragoza (5 goals in 3 seasons) then went to le havre on a free

Adriano on a free from Inter Milan- was an awful lump

Acquafresca on a free from Inter- again, awful, no strength couldnt shoot- still lounging in my reserves

Raul Garcia for 18mill from Atletico (sold to chelsea for 22mill, 2 seasons on)- won worst signing of the season

Nuri Sahin for 17.5mill from Dortmund (sold to chelsea 1 season on for 17mill)

Skjelbred for 7.75mill from Hereenveen (sold to man U 1 season on for 8.75mill)

Bodmer for 16.5mill from Lyon (sold later to Sevilla for 2.5mill)- came 2nd only to raul garcia in worst signing of the season

Javi Garcia for 9.5mill from Espanyol (sold 2 seasons on to Bayern for 12mill)

Morgan Schneiderlin for 15mill from Lille (sold 2 seasons later to real madrid for 12mill)- won worst signing of the season

Now as you can see, I made a profit on most of these players but playing for the club they were truly awful. Especially Ewerthon who couldn't score if he picked up the ball and ran into the net, and Schneiderlin who lets face it, had the stats but was useless at everything

Same here i signed him to on FM08 and he was seriously wack 12 goals in 2 seasons thats poor. Also he got a ban for 3 months for headbutting a player lol.

If you want to buy a striker and all of a sudden you think "OH i wanna buy Luis Fabiano he is decent and not that pricey what a bargain" DON'T LISTEN TO YOUR'E MIND because when you buy him he will fail you hard lol.

He always seems to appear when you are looking for a striker ! Very Awful , He tends to score against big teams only !!

He scored against Real Madrid Home and Away and Against Barcelona - HOMESICK ???????

He always seems to appear when you are looking for a striker ! Very Awful , He tends to score against big teams only !!

He scored against Real Madrid Home and Away and Against Barcelona - HOMESICK ???????

this fm is actually carlos vela had a good first season but season 2, 3 and 4 only hit 3 goals up front

im actually now thinking of selling him on as i got aguero (who actually was a £54 million flop until this season 4 bought end of season 2 and 3 both only 6 goals)

meant to add i spent £20 million on vela. just to let people know my best signing is from 1 of 2

neymar 12 million spent 3 seasons ago and hit 124 goals for me

kasper schmeichel 2.3 million 3 seasons ago and now worth 24 million but have just sold him for £38 million to ac milan

Archived