Best Upgrade?

Hi

I'm looking to upgrade my PC a bit at a time, I want advice into what order I should go for. I'm gonna do one upgrade every month of about £100 each I think, of memory, graphics card and windows. Which would be most beneficial for FM2010 because I'll do that upgrade first.

Here's my current system:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+

2048MB DDR Dual Memory

ATI Radeon X1650 512MB

Windows XP Home

I plan to upgrade to 4GB memory, Windows 7 64 bit and I haven't decided on a graphics card yet, any ideas between £50 - £100?

Thanks

Hi

I'm looking to upgrade my PC a bit at a time, I want advice into what order I should go for. I'm gonna do one upgrade every month of about £100 each I think, of memory, graphics card and windows. Which would be most beneficial for FM2010 because I'll do that upgrade first.

Here's my current system:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+

2048MB DDR Dual Memory

ATI Radeon X1650 512MB

Windows XP Home

I plan to upgrade to 4GB memory, Windows 7 64 bit and I haven't decided on a graphics card yet, any ideas between £50 - £100?

Thanks

i would upgrade the processor find out if your motherboard is just an AM2 slot or and AM2+ slot then i can point you in the right direction of a processor

Id definitely leave the RAM til after you upgrade windows. Any non-64bit operating system will only recognise 3.3GB ram, so you'd really be wasting your time there. Probably you're best looking at the processor first and taking it from there...

i would upgrade the processor find out if your motherboard is just an AM2 slot or and AM2+ slot then i can point you in the right direction of a processor

Hi, my motherboard is a socket 939 from AsRock, I was thinking of upgrading that but will I get much of a performance boost from what I have now from CPU's in my budget?

Archived