Do ticket and season ticket prices ever change?

I've won numerous leagues in a row with Hull, and also the current Champions League and F.A Cup holders, and my club is also the 4th highest valued in the world and worth the most in England. Despite all this I'm 26th in England in the list of average ticket prices, and 16th in season ticket prices. 6 Championship teams including Leyton Orient, Watford and Ipswich have higher ticket prices than me, whereas mine are also the cheapest in the Premiership. This isn't very realistic surely; I understand that Hull isn't exactly the richest area in the UK, but surely ticket prices should increase/decrease in relation to your success? For the current League and Champions League holders to have lower prices than some Championship teams is a bit silly.

So my question is, do these prices ever change, as mine seem to be stuck at the same level as when I took over, when they were a relegation candidate.

Hmm, maybe it just doesn't change when you stay in the same league then. Seems a bit weird how the League and European Champions can be so low in the prices table.

On my Gateshead save on 09 my ticket prices rose steadily as i rose through the leagues, so they can change.

another post on this somewhere as well.... yes they do go up.

but the average prices confuse me. at wetymouth a match ticket costs an average of 15quid yet its 480quid for a season ticket. that makes it nearly 150quid cheaper just to buy match tickets over a season. surely season tickets are supposed to save fans money???

I thought this as well, but it doesn't really make much sense that as Champions of England and Europe I'm 26th in the list of English prices...

They do, as your reputation changes, which changes as you win big matches, win cups, and get promoted.

Equally they go down as you get relegated I'm sure.

Regarding Hull, I think the problem is that you have a fairly limited market given the limited size and wealth of the city coupled with the lack of other large cities/towns/suburbs nearby where there would be likely to be Hull fans. So increasing the ticket prices too far would drive away your fans. Having said that, I don't think Ipswich should really have a higher price than you.

I don't think the prices should be the lowest in the league though and lower than some championship clubs, considering I'm English and European Champions. That's the equivalent of Man Utd and Barcelona being cheaper than tickets for Burnley, West Brom, Cardiff etc.

Regarding Hull, I think the problem is that you have a fairly limited market given the limited size and wealth of the city coupled with the lack of other large cities/towns/suburbs nearby where there would be likely to be Hull fans. So increasing the ticket prices too far would drive away your fans. Having said that, I don't think Ipswich should really have a higher price than you.

Maybe it also depends on the initial ticket prices? (first season) Maybe they cant get much higher than that. :/

I dont know really... But its also a problem for me in Porto as after 3 CL finals my tickets cost only 18.8 €. :( (started as 18€ or something...)

Archived