Play badly against lower reputation sides.

I keep getting this message from the ass man but i don't really know what to change when it comes to player low rep sides, im crystal palace and i always get good results against the good teams but i ALWAYS lose or draw against the bad sides. What tactics can i employ to beat the lower rep. sides?

You've gotta remember that lower reputation teams are altering their playstyles out of respect for your higher reputation. They're sitting back and playing tight and hoping to nick a goal.

Be tougher on your players. Expect a win. These are professionals, not children, they need to be beating these weaker teams.

Try altering your tactics. If you use the Wizard, give more creative freedom, play more direct, change to attacking. And click the advanced tab, check play offside. Push higher up the field using the shouts etc.

If the odds are heavily in your favour (especially at home) and you feel that you have the better players then demand more from them - "Expect a win"

Look out for nervous players (likely younger ones) and give individual team talks to them if it happens a lot.

As for tactics I tend to employ a "Control" style if I'm getting more possession then slowly increase to an attacking style if I don't get a goal using shouts like "Pass into Space", "Exploit the Flanks"/"Look for Overlap" (If using wingers), "Shoot on sight"/"Take more Risks" as I get more desperate for a goal.

If the opposition score (Set piece or break a likely way to concede) it makes it much more difficult as they seem to work harder in defence.

I don't always win but feel I win my fair share in this regard.

Archived