Long Throws

I have a player who has 19 for long throws and he "posesses a long flat throw" but in two seasons i have never scored a long throw with him. He takes all throws and they are always launched into the box. However the defenders always head clear or the 'keeper catcher it. Can people help me on how to score from long throws. Is it in the tactics??

On you tactics, click on 'Advanced' and then at the bottom you will see the option for hrow-ins, change it to 'Long'.

That is all I do, and while it seems you may already be doing this, it works okay for me. Don't expect loads of goals from it though, I only get a few.

If you already do this, might I suggest that maybe your players just aren't good enough? Also, luck comes into it. :)

Same thing with me (Gunnarsson with 19 LT and bullet throw), I also tried setting the throws to "Long" and it seemed to do the same thing, I'd lose posession with long throws from silly places though :p

Maybe my players weren't suited to it but alot of the throws just weren't that good. I did cause some scares though and I did get a few headers that deflected wide, but otherwise they've not had that much of an impact. Not a big deal as I know it won't save my game, just curious on if there's actually an issue, or is it just my side/tactics?

Same thing with me (Gunnarsson with 19 LT and bullet throw), I also tried setting the throws to "Long" and it seemed to do the same thing, I'd lose posession with long throws from silly places though :p

Maybe my players weren't suited to it but alot of the throws just weren't that good. I did cause some scares though and I did get a few headers that deflected wide, but otherwise they've not had that much of an impact. Not a big deal as I know it won't save my game, just curious on if there's actually an issue, or is it just my side/tactics?

Other than the 'Long' setting for throw ins, I can't see it being much to do with tactics, other than possibly player instructions. More likely your players and the opposition players.

I find having Nikola Zigic up front helps! (Well it would at 6 foot 8 :D)

I play him as a target man and have everything launched up to him, including if possible throw ins. If you don't already, play with a big target man who is good in the air. This should help :thup:

Archived