Ronaldinho

Second season at Man City i was looking for a left winger who could tackle, was gonna sign Juan Manuel Vargas and stumbled accross Ronaldinho for £5m having not played all season for Milan. I got him for £9m and he's got 4 goals and 4 assists in 8 games with an average rating of 7.56. Couldnt beleive my luck, what a bargain.

I managed to pich up Djourou from Arsenal for £2.9m and Santa Cruz from Man City for the same at the end of the first season with Villa.

Santa Cruz ended up being signing of the season for the Premiership and Djourou is my main man at the back. Granted they're not the same rep wise as Ronaldinho but in terms of Value for money I think I did pretty well.

I managed to pich up Djourou from Arsenal for £2.9m and Santa Cruz from Man City for the same at the end of the first season with Villa.

Santa Cruz ended up being signing of the season for the Premiership and Djourou is my main man at the back. Granted they're not the same rep wise as Ronaldinho but in terms of Value for money I think I did pretty well.

So Djourou plays well for you? I'm currently waiting on him to come back from long-term injury (having not played him yet) and I'm wondering if he will offer much. Unfortunately he is 22 now and cannot be tutored so I can't improve his determination of 11. But you reckon he plays well?

So Djourou plays well for you? I'm currently waiting on him to come back from long-term injury (having not played him yet) and I'm wondering if he will offer much. Unfortunately he is 22 now and cannot be tutored so I can't improve his determination of 11. But you reckon he plays well?

Yeah... Out of my 3 cb's ( others are Tomkins and Collins - plus Sakho if I need him but he plays mostly at LB) he's the only one to command a starting place. Makes a couple of mistakes here and there - as do all defenders on FM10 though ;) - but yeah pretty solid. If you're at Arsenal he'll probably not be at the standard to keep Vermaelen and Gallas out of the team, but he's young and he'll learn. Once Gallas leaves though (or reaches about 35) he's probably gonna be you're best bet without splashing out.

Personally I think he's under rated by a lot of people.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but Ronaldinho gets rubbish rapidly on this FM.

You will probably get a season or 2 out of him, but seen as you are Man City i don't suppose that it matters money wise, so you got yourself a nice big name signing there. :thup:

Yeah... Out of my 3 cb's ( others are Tomkins and Collins - plus Sakho if I need him but he plays mostly at LB) he's the only one to command a starting place. Makes a couple of mistakes here and there - as do all defenders on FM10 though ;) - but yeah pretty solid. If you're at Arsenal he'll probably not be at the standard to keep Vermaelen and Gallas out of the team, but he's young and he'll learn. Once Gallas leaves though (or reaches about 35) he's probably gonna be you're best bet without splashing out.

Personally I think he's under rated by a lot of people.

Aye he was brilliant for me on FM09 but I managed to get his determination up to 17 under the tutelage of kolo toure. I think ill probably sell him when he's fit because I have a couple of good young CBs I want to develop and I'm not sure that there would be room for him considering that he may not be good enough for the brilliant team I'm building :D

Archived