signing player issues

ok, wth is up with this. I scouted an amazing regen from River, worth about 3m

I went up to 20m trying to buy him but River didn't want to sell. I praised both player & River manager, to little use.

Finally i got sick of bidding to ridiculous amounts, and decided to wait half a season.

2 weeks after this decision, PSG comes along and bids 10m.. and River does accept that offer.

I matched the offer, which was in turn also accepted, but ofcourse the regen preferred PSG to Standard (which i'm coaching).. This is annoying beyond words. Any ideas as to why PSG didnt accept -any- offer first and then did accept an offer from PSG?

if not, at least i vented the frustration :mad:

ok, wth is up with this. I scouted an amazing regen from River, worth about 3m

I went up to 20m trying to buy him but River didn't want to sell. I praised both player & River manager, to little use.

Finally i got sick of bidding to ridiculous amounts, and decided to wait half a season.

2 weeks after this decision, PSG comes along and bids 10m.. and River does accept that offer.

I matched the offer, which was in turn also accepted, but ofcourse the regen preferred PSG to Standard (which i'm coaching).. This is annoying beyond words. Any ideas as to why PSG didnt accept -any- offer first and then did accept an offer from PSG?

if not, at least i vented the frustration :mad:

Just one of those thing mate. Good luck on the next regen you find!

Just thinking aloud here – player doesn't care about your team, but when PSG comes knocking, he wants to join them, gets unsettled, forcing River to accept the PSG bid and accept other bids, including yours.

This is what I was gonna say.

Quite disappointing that you couldn't match the PSG's bid though. I find that AI clubs move in extremely quick when a quality player gets transfer listed, so quick that half the time I don't notice that they were transfer listed (I check TL a fair bit).

Archived