English Premier League Registration

Hi, from what I know, FM10 has integrated the EPL's registration rules for next season already. But is it supposed to be the case that U-21 players that have not been registered (due to their ability to 'bypass' the registration) will not have any shirt numbers? :D

I just had my new signing Rodwell go out onto the pitch with a blank shirt number. On the tactics screen, he had a blank shirt as well. I don't imagine that would happen in real life!

Could SI look to allow us to give shirt numbers to these players in an upcoming patch or the next game, at most? The numbers give some form of identity to the players so it was quite sad to see Rodwell go shirtless. I guess the best way to avoid this is to have a squad of 25, no more. But as Manchester United it's hard to do that...

It shouldn't be difficult to implement it so that every player can have a shirt number but only be able to register 25 players. It's no different to how the champions league registration works.

Really hope this gets sorted aswell. This wont be the way its implemented next season. It will be like Champions League registration.

The EPL have yet to announce how it will work, so it is impossible to say it won't be like this. Obviously I agree it would be mad not to follow the UCL format but no one, including SI knows.

This is also about the 100th thread about this subject and SI have said that it is not fixable in a patch and will be looked at for FM11, by which point we will all know the actual rules.

Surley the Premier League wont be doing it like this. It would mean making different shirts with different names and numbers on back for players under 21. Sounds crazy to me but we'll see. SI should have put little more thought in me thinks.

Surley the Premier League wont be doing it like this. It would mean making different shirts with different names and numbers on back for players under 21. Sounds crazy to me but we'll see. SI should have put little more thought in me thinks.

As I said, I don't think any of us believe that the EPL will do this, but until they announce it, anything we say is surely speculation? SI are putting more thought into it and they will surely implement whatever the EPL do in FM11.

im sure the EPL will let teams register squad numbers as normal but only 25 of the players they register can be over 21. would make the most sense.

the numbers on the back im sure are to help the officials get the correct player when a booking or whatever is needed

The EPL have yet to announce how it will work, so it is impossible to say it won't be like this. Obviously I agree it would be mad not to follow the UCL format but no one, including SI knows.

This is also about the 100th thread about this subject and SI have said that it is not fixable in a patch and will be looked at for FM11, by which point we will all know the actual rules.

Well I'm sorry to have opened the 100th thread about this because I couldn't really find a thread directly suggesting instead of just asking if there was a way to bypass this.

My mistake whilst searching then.

Cheers :)

No. The manager would choose which players from the reserve team would have a squad number with the first team - higher than 25.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletic_Bilbao#Current_squad

In Spain they've already got this rule. However, I'd like to see the actual registration method included for B team players. We'd be able to choose who from the B teams/reserves we'd assign a squad number. It would be a bit complicated though as players in the B team do not have fixed squad numbers - it depends on who's in the starting line-up.

No. The manager would choose which players from the reserve team would have a squad number with the first team - higher than 25.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletic_Bilbao#Current_squad

In Spain they've already got this rule. However, I'd like to see the actual registration method included for B team players. We'd be able to choose who from the B teams/reserves we'd assign a squad number. It would be a bit complicated though as players in the B team do not have fixed squad numbers - it depends on who's in the starting line-up.

I.E. just as in Champions League registration. As i already said. Pick all team numbers then just register your 25.

• 2 weeks later...

It's an annoying feature. Totally agree that it should be implemented in the game as it is about to occur in real life but when your under 21s come out with a different shirt number every week it does take away some of the realism of the game.

It should surely be split into two sections:

1) Leave 'submit squad numbers for forthcoming season' the way it is, roughly two weeks before the start of the season. No change needed and all players can have a squad number, as in real life.

2) Just before the opening league fixture there should be the registration window where you can select your 25, just like the European competitions, and the only restrictions would be the 8 homegrown players must be included but all players would still have a registered squad number.

Surely that's a reasonable way to do it?

Implemented really badly in the game. I've just had a youngster wearing the 20 shirt. Only problem is he's the third player to wear that number this season.

• 4 weeks later...
Is there anyway of disabling this new registration feature in the editor?

Second this. :thup:

I'd like to know how to disable the Premier League registration/homegrown rule that comes into effect in the second season.

I know its coming into effect in real life next season, but i find it a nuisance and i just don't want it in my game.

I have had a look with the data editor but can't find anything....

Is it because of this that I see dozens of players with the number '-1' on their back??? Because that kind of ticks me off...

Yeah, this happens when you play players you haven't registered. The game automatically gives them a number, and it sometimes goes horribly wrong. :p

• 1 month later...

I had a look on the EPL website to try and see what the system is going to be next season, but could not find anything.

Surely it should be a Champions League style registration in FM, using 'in' instead of squad numbers.

Iv'e just started my first EPL game with FM10 and find this system very infuriating. We should be able to give out as many squad numbers as we like and then register the 25 using 'in'.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this thread is getting quite old now but i have one question that i cant seam to find the answer

Surely if the EPL dont know how they are going to bring this in, then why the hell was it brought into FM10 game ?

Yes i understand it will be brought next season, but rules and how it will be brought it are not finalzed so this should have been left out but a patch could be introduced to bring it in rather than it been hardcoded so nothing can be done.

Would have been nice if SI used the same system as CL registration so teams are not shown up as -1 if your main team is out injured - which happened to me in the 3rd season, really this was not thought out very well and looks like it was rushed IMO

• 5 months later...

Archived