Ending a losing run & scoring from corners

I'm having two repeated problems:

(i) A good run of form is then followed by a losing slump that is very hard to stop sometimes for 10 games- anyone know the key- is it just morale plays a massive part?

(ii) Can't score from corners- any advice- (i already do the obvious)

1 - AI probably started to shut up shop.

You'd want to change your approach. Slow things down, short passing and make sure that your players are actually giving the man on the ball an option, not just running forward. Free roles wouldn't hurt, but it really depends on the quality of your side.

2 - Get better corner takers and/or taller players.

or

Be creative with corner taking. I used to keep everyone of my players on the near post and have a good headerer and jumper on the far post. Have the corner taker swing it out to him and he'll score more often than not. Certainly above average. You have to have the right player though. He should by no means be the tallest, be good at heading, bravery and anticipation. I'm not sure if the last one matters, but I'd like to think it does.

Vary your corner taking rather than setting all corners to go to one specific place. Get someone on the keeper, someone on one of the posts and someone lurking outside the box, then set all the others you want up for the corner simply to 'go forward' and let them use their own intelligence to find space.

It's february and I have 11 league goals from corners so far this season, without having a massively tall team.

Archived