PC doesn't recognize CD Drive...can I install via Steam without CD present?

I suspect not, but my CD Drive has decided to go on the blink, and is not recognizing any CD's\DVDs I put in it. When I installed FM I chose not to install Steam, meaning the CD has to be in the drive at all times.

FM will be pretty much the only CD i ever use in my PC Drive and I really can't afford to go into PC World and get it fixed right at this moment, so is it at all possible if I can somehow re-install via Steam without the need for the CD to be present (or in this case, not recognised) so that it doesn't matter with regards to FM that it doesn't detect the disk. I still have the manual with the steam activation code if that helps. Thanks.

using paid software is illegal .. wow.. same as using firefox instead of ie.. ms would say its illegal..

to op answer yes.. steam > add steam games.. add cdkey and it should allow to download..

It only becomes illegal if you use this software to have a CD image of a cd / game you don't own - as in effect you ar using a cd that you don't have the licence for.

Archived