No UCL medal for this player?

I'm still curious if Keane won the medal. Some people are pretty convinced that he did, but I haven't found any actual confirmation one way or the other. I've heard some say that he was made an exception of some sort too.

He did because he describes how he felt about his medal in his autobiography.

No, he was registered in the UCL squad, thats how he got his medal

No, Manchester United selected him to be presented with a medal as he was in the match squad. As per the convention, the 18 players who form the match day squad get a medal with the presentation of the trophy. The manager also gets one. The remaining 11 medals are distributed by the winning club to whoever they feel should get one. That's how Roy Keane got a medal. That's how the back room staff get medals. It's operating under terms of convention rather than regulation, but to get a CL medal in FM, the player has to be in the match day squad. There is no minimum number of games, no registration, the only criteria is to be in the match squad.

If it was purely on the basis of being registered in the UCL squad, then the under 21 player who isn't registered wouldn't get one (Though in real life they would be registered on the B list, which has an unlimited number of slots).

No, Manchester United selected him to be presented with a medal as he was in the match squad. As per the convention, the 18 players who form the match day squad get a medal with the presentation of the trophy. The manager also gets one. The remaining 11 medals are distributed by the winning club to whoever they feel should get one. That's how Roy Keane got a medal. That's how the back room staff get medals. It's operating under terms of convention rather than regulation, but to get a CL medal in FM, the player has to be in the match day squad. There is no minimum number of games, no registration, the only criteria is to be in the match squad.

If it was purely on the basis of being registered in the UCL squad, then the under 21 player who isn't registered wouldn't get one (Though in real life they would be registered on the B list, which has an unlimited number of slots).

Grand.

I would class it as a bug that my player who played 9 UCL matches didnt get a medal because of suspension. IRL, a player in a similar scenario would have gotten one.

Grand.

I would class it as a bug that my player who played 9 UCL matches didnt get a medal because of suspension. IRL, a player in a similar scenario would have gotten one.

Its not a bug in the game, as has just been explained to you, more than once. You have to be in the MATCH DAY SQUAD.

A data issue, maybe, but not a bug.

Its not a bug in the game, as has just been explained to you, more than once. You have to be in the MATCH DAY SQUAD.

A data issue, maybe, but not a bug.

NO YOU DONT :rolleyes:

The remaining 11 medals are distributed by the winning club to whoever they feel should get one.

This player would have been handed one if the scenario happened IRL, it has happened IRL but this isnt reflected in the game. It should be reflected in the game if the game is factoring in personal achievements of a player into other aspects like reputation and value.

NO YOU DONT :rolleyes:

You do in FM. :p

It's an oversight, and it should probably be fixed in the future, but for the time being that's just how it is. A bug is something done wrong, not something that just wasn't included. There are plenty of things like that which aren't in the game yet.

You do in FM. :p

It's an oversight, and it should probably be fixed in the future, but for the time being that's just how it is. A bug is something done wrong, not something that just wasn't included. There are plenty of things like that which aren't in the game yet.

Do personal accolades affect the reputation and value (or anything at all) in FM? If it does I'd consider it a bug

Perfect oppurtunity for a new feature though? After winning a trophy etc. the option could be given like captaincy saying on a scroll list to distribute the remaining medals to whoever you feel neccessary. That way we all win :)!

Nah. You know what would happen if they did that. The 17 yr old reserve back up goalkeeper would get all upset that you didn't give him a medal, and would destroy all the squad harmony.

IN THE GAME you do :rolleyes:

Again not a bug, as it is presumably working as intended, it is a DATA ISSUE as the rule IN GAME needs updating.

Still too hard to understand?

I think it's becoming hard for you to understand.

In real life, which this game is meant to be based on due to being a simulator, 'n' all, 30 medals are given to a team. These are then distributed around the squad who have played in the competition that year.

However, in the game, only the match day squad get a medal, which is wrong. Therefore, it needs changing, as it's wrong

I think it's becoming hard for you to understand.

In real life, which this game is meant to be based on due to being a simulator, 'n' all, 30 medals are given to a team. These are then distributed around the squad who have played in the competition that year.

However, in the game, only the match day squad get a medal, which is wrong. Therefore, it needs changing, as it's wrong

Nobody is denying it is wrong, but it isn't a BUG. Try actually reading what I post:

as the rule IN GAME needs updating.

Trolls.

Archived