Stupid Ambitious Players

Signed a player about 2 years ago now, nothing spectacular, just had to potential to be a solid player.

Using custom training & tutoring, this guys stats being to increase at a rate I've never seen before.

kelleher.jpg

Screenshot I took earlier today (improved since) and I've marked out the size of the improvement he's made in less than 2 seasons.

This season, league and cup double, just about 3 game days away from a UCL final and he makes sounds about wanting to leave the club to win trophies that he cant win at my club

Now SI, this is BS tbh.

Has a player, who is considered a first team regular whos just done a double ever looked to leave a couple of days before a UCL final to win trophies??

This part of the game needs work

I've told the player that he's going nowhere as he signed a new long term contract this season.

This is not realistic!!

The problem is, no matter how successful YOU are, there will always be clubs and leagues that are more attractive than (to the players) than yours. Its down to the static leage reputation again, and unfortunately, theres nothing you can do about it. Because you manage in Sctoland, there will ALWAYS be leagues that are ranked higher than your own, no matter how much success you have...

I know that but its the timing that has me ****ed, just after doing the double and a UCL final to play. Thats the part thats not realistic

"He will not win the trophies he so desperately wants at CP"

Whats bigger than the UCL?

The messages should be better worded if he wants to play in a more competitive league at least. But to say he wont win trophies given the circumstances is bloody stupid

Won the final on penalties BTW

I know that but its the timing that has me ****ed, just after doing the double and a UCL final to play. Thats the part thats not realistic

"He will not win the trophies he so desperately wants at CP"

Whats bigger than the UCL?

The messages should be better worded if he wants to play in a more competitive league at least. But to say he wont win trophies given the circumstances is bloody stupid

Won the final on penalties BTW

See Sam Allens comments about Ronaldo. Yes the wording could be better, but I'm sure you can understand the argument. There are at least 6 leagues in Europe that are better/stronger than the SPL (semi professional league? ;))

See Sam Allens comments about Ronaldo. Yes the wording could be better, but I'm sure you can understand the argument. There are at least 6 leagues in Europe that are better/stronger than the SPL (semi professional league? ;))

Did Ronaldo go into managers office in the lead up to his first UCL final and say that he wanted to leave to play in Spain, NO

The Ronaldo/SPL argument isnt valid here.

No player announces intentions to leave a club after signing a long term contract and about to play a UCL final never mind citing the need to win medals as the excuse considering they just won the double and going for the treble.

Also, my group of players are down as very loyal, he has a resolute personality and is in a similar mould.

Its not realistic

i do think if u manage to win the UCL n things like that, the rep of your team should approve..

personnaly i've won the belgian league 7 years in a row..along with the cup & super cup..

it's just not normal that your reputation doesn't increase after such times..

even if the english, italian, spanish, .. leagues are more appealing .. i don't think it's normal your rep is static:thdn:

Your team's reputation isn't static LilSaint. That can change.

However, the league's reputation is static meaning it can't change. It is about time league reputation was allowed t move IMO, because it happens in real life (look at how the English Premier League has risen to the top IRL). But getting it right would be very hard

Your team's reputation isn't static LilSaint. That can change.

However, the league's reputation is static meaning it can't change. It is about time league reputation was allowed t move IMO, because it happens in real life (look at how the English Premier League has risen to the top IRL). But getting it right would be very hard

i understand, but it's just plain frustrating when you're managing a club in a smaller competition, and after a long time of scouting and often overpaying you manage to sign a good player.. and then u just can't keep him for more then one season, sometimes shorter.. : )

and after all, that is the more challenging thing to do imo, managing a relatively small club

I'm playing as Roma, so am clearly in a high-reputation league, but still have problems with players wanting to move to inferior clubs in England and Spain. In the last two seasons I've finished first and second in the league, won the Italian Cup twice and made the quarters of the Champions League twice. So why are my players getting angry because I refuse transfer bids from Everton, Sevilla and Newcastle - none of whom have even qualified for the Champions League in this period?

LilSaint - It is frustrating, but it does happen frequently in real life

eprstockholm - Italy's league rep is slightly lower then the English top league if I remember right, so that could be why. La Liga has the same rep as Serie A though. If what you're saying is true then I agree, it is slightly unrealistic.

The only unrealistic thing here is the timing. Any player with big ambition and that sort of ability isn't staying in Scotland. Sorry, but the SPL simply doesn't have the prestige of La Liga, Serie A and (dare I say it?) the EPL.

Yes, thats what I'm complaining about but people keep missing that point

I'd agree with the "dump him in the reserves" post. Two of my players made similar noises when I got promoted to the Premier League, a DC (regen named Neil Stannard) and a MC (Rob Bayly). They spent the next season in the reserves and I let other players have their chance. Both settled down and were back in my first team squad the following season.

Stannard has now captained my side to three Premier Leagues, two Champions Leagues, an FA Cup, a League Cup, a Club World Championship, two European Super Cups and three Community Shields and has won the World and European Championships with England.

Bayly never got back in to the team, got his move to West Brom for around about the fee I had demanded for him years earlier and they had baulked at, never got established there and was last seen at Celtic Park.

It may go your way or it may not. If you can't settle him, get a good fee for him... and stop signing ambitious players until you move to a real league ;)

Edit: The timing is frustrating and not entirely realistic though. He'd surely wait for Saturday's Scottish Sun or the News of the World as most players do?

Yes, thats what I'm complaining about but people keep missing that point

Players can do this at inconvenient times though.

IRL, very recently Jermaine Beckford handed in his transfer request just days before a very important cup match against Man U

Players can do this at inconvenient times though.

IRL, very recently Jermaine Beckford handed in his transfer request just days before a very important cup match against Man U

Again, Beckford has 6 months to run on his contract, it was a 3rd round FA Cup match with United, this was a UCL final and my player had over 3 years to run on his contract.

Archived