Knap FM10 Tactics

Most of the tactics are developed from a simple team tactic, so many of the settings are left as team settings.

I do not use OIs. I usually let Ass Man give team talks and Press, however see below for further information on team talks.

Tactics for 10.3 (Corners are a nightmare patch)

103PT 442 Mixed corners

_____________________10.34-4-2P92F89A26P103F90A21 _Chelsea_ Jun 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

4132 with MC

___________________4mc132slowthp91f83a29 _Tottenham_ Jun 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

4132 and 4222 appear to be working at a similar performance level as in 10.2.

additional 4222 by Killzone

Tactics available

103pt team based 4132

Slow 4132

102pt team based 4222

99pt team based 442

99pt Deep lying forward 442 + Spurs variation.

97pt team 442

99pt 4321 Oxford tactic

101pt Narrow diamond +104pt narrow Narrow Diamond

Slow Narrow diamond

Formation details in post 2 & 3, Results in post 4

I have not decided on how to set up set pieces except for a 5 man wall.

Tactics for Patch 10.2

This is latest Team 4132 with AMCs

__________4132P103F103A26 _Chelsea_ Jun 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

Slow version

___________________4132slowp95f91a20corn _Chelsea_ Aug 2009_.tac - 0.00MB

based 4222 102pt tactic

___________________________4-4-2P99F96A254222P102F95A21 _Chelsea_ Jun 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

Team based 99pt442

___________________________4-4-2BASE91CP99F96A25 _Chelsea_ May 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

This tactic uses a deeper lying forward.

__________4-4-2BASEP99F83A20WALL10.2 _Tottenham_ Sep 2009_.tac - 0.00MB

97pt tactic

http://www.zshare.net/download/7056858442ca123d/

97pt Team Tactic

http://www.zshare.net/download/70568728303025d1/

Defensive Formations for difficult games or when down to 10

Away Tactic

http://www.filefront.com/15268393/4-4-2P97AWAY-Tottenham-Nov-2009.t

Defend

http://www.filefront.com/15268379/4-4-2P97DEFEND-Tottenham-Nov-2009.tac/

Other Formations

99pt Oxford 4321

http://www.filefront.com/15290763/4-3-2-1TEAMP99F82A24-Chelsea-May-2010.tac/

4321 Set of tactics based on 61pt tactic

Oxford Tactics

Main Quick Tactic

4-3-2-1OxfordMain _Chelsea_ Nov 2009_.tac - 0.00MB

Normal Tactic (more defensive)

4-3-2-1OxfordNormalM _Chelsea_ Nov 2009_.tac - 0.00MB

Defend

4-3-2-1OxfordMDEF _Chelsea_ Nov 2009_.tac - 0.00MB

Down to 10

4-3-2-1OxfordDEFTW _Chelsea_ Nov 2009_.tac - 0.00MB

Narrow Diamond 41212

http://www.filefront.com/15460147/4-1-2-1-2teamP101F91A18%20%28Chelsea%2C%20Aug%202009%29.tac

104pt narrow Narrow Diamond

__________4-1-2-1-2teamP101F91A18CFARp104f76a12 _Chelsea_ Jun 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

Slow Narrow Diamond

___________________41212slowthp88f81a32 _Tottenham_ May 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

TEAMTALK INFORMATION

Tactic variations by enterprise

My basic approach to each game was obviously depending on the opposition and whether i was home or away. At home i would only use the spurs 442 and away i would rotate between the spurs 442 and the away 442. What i'll do is i'll pick 3 teams as an example and explain how i would approach each match home and away. I'll use Arsenal, Aston Villa and Sunderland.

If i was playing Arsenal at home as they are a strong team with plenty of pace i would start with the spurs 442. If i used it with the default settings i would be playing very risky as it's high tempo, defensive line and very wide. So what i'd do is drop each of those to normal to reduce the risk. That usually works very well but if i find in the first 20 mins that they're in control i will drop them even further so that they're all on slow, narrow and deep respectively. That way you can keep a bit of possession, you're difficult to break down and you can create better chances. If i was away then i would approach the game using the away 442 tactic and again reducing the tempo, width and defensive line to normal. I would use the same in game tweaks as at home. With this approach i defeated Arsenal 1-0 at home and 2-0 away.

If i was playing Villa at home i'd use the same approach as above as they are another team full of pace. Usually it's enough to beat slightly weaker teams but if you do find that you're struggling to take control of the match you could choose to reduce the tempo, width and defensive line or increase it depending on the stats (possesion etc). Playing away i would use the same approach as against Arsenal. I beat them both home and away.

Finally against Sunderland you can afford to be a bit more adventurous as they don't have as much quality so at home i would start with the default setting on the spurs 442. If for some reason you are failing to create good chances it could obviously be down to the quick tempo approach so i would drop the tempo, width and defensive line to normal once again and that would usually do the trick. Away from home i would start with the spurs 442 but reduce tempo, width and defensive line to normal. If struggling to sustain possession i would drop them to slow, narrow and deep. If i was dominating the game but failing to score i would increase them to quick, wide and push up. Once again i beat them home and away.

Right i'm gonna attempt to show you how i would alter the settings of tempo, width and defensive line over two matches against Arsenal home and away. It's just an example of how you could approach a tough match home and away when using Knaps tactics. This approach works very well for me but there's no guarantees it would work for others but hopefully it does.

Spurs v Arsenal

It's a tough game so i would and always use the spurs 442 tactic at home but with the following adjustments to tempo, width and defensive line.

hometough.jpg

If for example Arsenal were just edging the game i would make the following tweaks..

hometoughweaker.jpg

I wouldn't normally risk going back to the default settings of quick tempo, wide width and push up as Arsenal are full of pace and can hit you on the break. If i start to take control of the game then i would consider going back to normal tempo, width and defensive line. It depends on how the game's going really. In my campaign i managed to nick a tough game 1-0 with Defoe scoring from the spot. Created a few CCC's.

Arsenal v Spurs

Even tougher as away from home so i would start with the away 442 tactic and these settings..

awaytough.jpg

This setup usually works pretty well for me but if i'm struggling to get into the game i'll drop the tempo, width and defensive line like so..

awaytoughweaker.jpg

Once again if you start getting into the game again then consider going back to normal tempo, width and defensive line. In my campaign i absolutely battered Arsenal with this setup, 2-0. We never looked like losing.

Well that's how i'd approach a tough game home and away. Of course it will differ on the opposition so sometimes you can offord to be a bit more adventurous. It would take a while to post screenies for every tweak that i make against every team because every side is different. But the above is just a general guideline i use.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great tactics knap ! I using 4-4-2BASEP99F83A20WALL10.2 _Tottenham_ Sep 2009_.tac in my second season with Manchester City. There are some results:

My last match against Arsenal

citiars.jpg

Two matches against Chelsea

againstchelsea.jpg

My team

myteamk.jpg

and Premiership

leaguetabel.jpg

i need serious help now been using your tactics for 2 seasons now in feb of a third the game has decided that my strikers couldnt hit a barn door, no matter which ones i use: Raul, Torres, Pato, Higuain, Ballotelli they keep geting less than 5.9 in ratings despite having 10 shots on target per game regularly i score 1 goal if im lucky whereas the opposition get 1/2 from their 2/3 shots

acid

With those strikers how can they miss!!! I would look at the motivation side- perhaps use press about form.

There are 3 tactics which can change you can try which change the mentality systems.

With the 99pt tactic I am using it with DL and CD on normal, which can offer another change.

In general I can run same tactic same squad same games and goal scoring can vary, it just depends on roll of dice and nothing to do with tactics. For example in FM09 my tactic was not working in someones game and when I tried, the team (good for their level) made mistakes gave away pens and generally tried their hardest to lose. All I did was change manager and they then played like MU, same tactic, same squad same games.

i understand that but moral is high in the squad after as im top of the league its just a suddent dip it took me 28 shots against athletico madrid to score two goals, im using the 99 with the DL dropped by two as it was keeping a better goals against,

Tried the form thing torres and pato agreed their form needs to improve but then pato complained about me victimising him???? first time i commented on him in three seasons, now hes happy again after scoring once and seems to have forgoten why he was victimized.

acid

With a dip in form it can be difficult to find the right man management answer. In FM08 the team had a bad dip in form and I noticed I could call a team meeting via the Captain.

I do not like using press but if it does the trick then worth using. Sometimes offering a new contract can help but a more expensive option in FM10 as thay require a signing on fee.

Well Knap using the below tactic and doing extremely well as Ipswich with just being into November and lying top of the championship still unbeaten. So thanks alot excellent tactic :)

442 Tactics for Patch 10.2

This is latest 442 99pt tactic

He knap

Nice to see you back with new fm10 tactics

I give This tactic a try

With NEC Nijmegen (average team from holland)

Let you know the results

Away W 3-2 Groningen League

Away W 2-1 VVV League

Home W 2-1 RKC League

Home W 2-1 Utrecht League

Away D 1-1 Willem II League

Home L 2-3 Twente League

Away D 0-0 Heerenveen League

Home L 0-2 Roda JC League

Away L 0-3 Ajax League

Home W 1-0 Feyenoord League

Away W 3-1 MVV League

Away L 0-1 Vitesse League

Home D 1-1 PSV League

Home W 3-2 Heracles League

Away W 3-2 Ado Den Haag League

Home D 1-1 Cambuur League

Away D 1-1 AZ League

Home L 0-1 Groningen League

Still 3 matches to go, current position 6th (media prediction 9)

Thanks knap

Do you have a SUS tac?

Post 18 at the moment.

There are many options outstanding at the moment.

For Corners try outswingers to far post.

For defending corners, especially when down to 10 you need to have all back, otherwise the AI will have a spare man. Equally if AI are down to 10 try overloading corners if you need a goal.

I've added long GK kick to tactic in post 18.

Well into mid December and top of the Championship P22 W16 D4 L2. My 2 losses came against Bristol City who are 2nd in the league and Scunthorpe who were bottom. My 2 strikers are still scoring quite well but my best player is my on loan keeper Asmir Begovic who I may try to sign permantley.

Well into mid December and top of the Championship P22 W16 D4 L2. My 2 losses came against Bristol City who are 2nd in the league and Scunthorpe who were bottom. My 2 strikers are still scoring quite well but my best player is my on loan keeper Asmir Begovic who I may try to sign permantley.

Which tactic are you using man, and which team are you

How are you finding the tactic in general in terms of shots etc

Which tactic are you using man, and which team are you

How are you finding the tactic in general in terms of shots etc

Hi Crewe Alex

I'm using this tactic:

And I'm playing as Ipswich Town and in general having loads of shots, plenty one on ones especially Tamas Priskin who I am playing as my left hand striker but I mustn't grumble as he has scored 11 in 19 apps :)

I dont have problems downloading these files/tactics, but Mr Knap i have problems sometimes when i switch with your tactics in my away games. I`m still searching for good away tactic, i`m not saying that your tactics are bad, even they are great for my team, but i have problems beating sometimes top teams, can you help me or give me advice about it?

crossroader

Hard Away games I change runs and GK distribution but I do not expect to beat the top teams away and happy to be under cosh and take a draw.

Crossed the line with Spurs but did need to get the goals from corners and did change to the more attacking tactics for a while mid season.

englishpremierdivision2g.png

Post 40 with CD & DL normal, but I also stop runs on all players except forwards as a defensive tactic, as used above, and switch betweeen tactics. Also using the none team talk more often.

Hey Knap, have been using your 99pt 442 tactic with Yeovil Town for two season and finished 9th in the 1st season and 1st in the second season. Your tactic works great in the lower leagues with two caveats

(1) I used your tactic unmodified for the first ten games and had very mixed results, 4 wins, 5 losses and a draw. Too many long shots were being taken by my admittedly sub-par players. So i switched long shots to "rarely" for all positions save for my centre left midfielder who had a 14 for long shots. Things immediately looked up, more passes / crosses into the centre with shots from close distance.

(2) I am convinced that what made the difference for my second season was the team talks. In the first season , all team talks were delegated to my ass man. In the second season, I took over team talks and applied the principles suggested by Wolfsong. I started the season with a 21 match unbeaten run with 19 wins and 2 draws and never looked back.

Its still early days yet but hope the above helps anyone else who might want to run your tactic (which results in some of the most entertaining games I've seen) with a lower league team.