Managerial Discipline

So things are ticking over nicely with my Man City save, we are 2nd, 2 pts off top with 2 games in hand,through to the knockout stages of the Champions league and still in both cups. All of a sudden 3 of my senior players have become worried by the lack of managerial discipline. Now I don't know whats casued this. I haven't done anything to upset the harmony of the team, offering my players to other clubs, fining of wages, inappropriate team talks etc, so i'm not sure as to whats caused this. Any ideas??:confused:

someone must have been sent off/missed training and you havent punished them severely enough (if at all)

nobody has missed training and my only recent sending off was for 2 yellows to lescott and i gave him an official warning which seemed fair to me

lol I usually warn for the first instance, then fine for any more after that. I think players will get disciplined by their clubs for getting sent off, although I don't know for certain...

nobody has missed training and my only recent sending off was for 2 yellows to lescott and i gave him an official warning which seemed fair to me

It would to me too, but clearly wasnt enough for some of your players. Wouldnt worry about it though, itll resolve itself soon enough...

I get this despite not having had any recent red cards or players miss training etc. The only thing i can think of is overly lenient team-talks.

Doesnt really make any sense though.

One thing i have noticed is that its my senior players and the stronger minded individuals who get this, for example Akinfeev. The kind of player who will issue a rallying cry near the end of the season(if you need it)

I get this despite not having had any recent red cards or players miss training etc. The only thing i can think of is overly lenient team-talks.

Doesnt really make any sense though.

One thing i have noticed is that its my senior players and the stronger minded individuals who get this, for example Akinfeev. The kind of player who will issue a rallying cry near the end of the season(if you need it)

Team talks should have no effect on it at all, as far as I know. Should only be sendings off, and/or missing training... I'd be very surprised if it cropped up at any other time

Well, the most recent "bout" of this occured despite not having any players get sent off or miss training.

I should point out it doesnt occur when im playing poorly or in a bad run of games, usually when im winning back to back matches.

Still, ill try harsher in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the most annoying part of FM. Every team I am, after about 5 seasons this **** comes up!

Will someone come out and giev us some advice on how to stop it happening!!

No players have missed training, No one has been sent off and been unpunished and I even warn/fine players if they get below a 6 in games!

Ive won the title 3 times in a row a long with the CL!

So why have some of my players all of a sudden thought there was a lack of discipline?!

Archived