Cup Draws

In the FA Cup last year I had to face Middlesborough, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea - all premiership teams. I understand that this is probably bad luck, but that would never happen in real life.

I think Manchester United met Premiership opposition in every round in the 06/07 FA Cup.

It wasn't just premiership teams i was talking about, I mean i've faced top four premiership teams in early rounds, being a top four premiership team myself!!

I guess it is bad luck, although Leeds have drawn top four sides twice in a row this year, and they are in League 1!

I think Manchester United met Premiership opposition in every round in the 06/07 FA Cup.

Also, in the treble winning '99 season United played Middlesbrough, Liverpool, Fulham, Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle in the Cup. Pretty tough.

I recall Aston Villa getting drawn against Man United in a couple of 3rd round ties in recent years.

At the end of the day you have to beat the best teams to win the cup sooner or later, so why not sooner?

i had to admit that in 10.1 the so called 'random' draws never did seem that random. Always used to get drawn into the same 'slot' on the screen, if that makes sense, playing opposition always being better than my team. but since 10.2 its been a better

I do actually like the idea of having the option to create a competition with seeding, perhaps having the top 16 or 32 ranked teams kept apart, similar to snooker/darts World Championships.

I disagree completely. If this was to happen in would decrease the likelyhood of a final like Portsmouth vs Cardiff.

The FA Cup doesn't need changing

Archived