Wow, +9 minutes of added time and of course the equaliser.

I was playing at Stoke, was lucky to be 1-0 up but I was playing well enough.

There was 4 minutes of added time to play as there were a couple of injuries. I was also playing at ten men as one of my subs I put on with 5 minutes to go, injured himself. (The good old make 3 subs and get an instant injury - FM curse)

Well as stated, we were supposed to get 4 minutes of added time and playing with only key highlights, the game seemed to never end and I knew something was going to happen.

NINE (9) minutes of added time played, absolutely insane.

Of course they qualised in the very last second and the whistle went.

Anyone else seen anything else like this in their game?

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9084/wowbm.jpg

I was playing max time wasting, slow tempo, but still on the direct side of playing due to the bad weather.

9 minutes of added time and above all, the goal was offside after I watched it a few times. My players had complained about it and I got asked in the media if I thought that the goal was controversial.

I said it was a disgrace and the ref got it wrong.

Then the FA was "tight lipped" and decided to amazingly say nothing. The video replay according to the match report had shown the goal was meant to be ruled out!

So double the allotted added time AND a phantom goal. :(

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1871/punished.jpg

I have lost about 11 points this season from referee calls. I have been taking note. :D

Gotta love the last few comments.

1. How would max time wasting add 4 minutes to the allocated 4 already given. Max time wasting means running into corners, hitting the ball long, taking your time going to a throw in, taking a goal kick, etc. It no way would add 4 minutes to an already allocated 4 minutes added on. How could you possibly waste the entire 4 minutes of allocated time through time wasting. (head explodes :D)

2. The ref and linesman would be out of position as that is well after the goal is scored and players are celebrating, the screen shot was taken in real time.

3. There was one substitute made in injury time, which adds 30 seconds by the rules of Football.

I cannot see how 9 minutes of added time can happen here - and I am more than curious as to why a goal was also scored at the end of this. It was almost as though the actual draw was forced due to maybe a slight incorrection in my tactics towards the end of the game (maybe too extreeme in my time wasting and slow passing).

Well I'm very sorry for commenting and suggesting that it may not be the game that is cheating you out of a win.

I was merely suggesting some causes that could lead to extra injury time and clarifying the rule for anyone who isn't aware of the exact rule. If you do not want this to happen you should provide more information (were there subs, etc. etc.). Furthermore, if you feel this is a bug (which it could well be), please do post it in the indeed aptly named bugs forum. I'm certain someone will have a look at it for you there.

Time wasting can take up a lot of time. I play football myself and when we're 1-0 up and full time is approaching I know very well how to stretch time. I'm pretty sure I could delay the game for a minute or more in 4 minutes of injury time. It's not too hard (although at my level we don't have ball boys ;) .

Maybe Tomer, you could tone down the sarcasm in your post just a tad.

I am not here to fight with you nor was my post in any way meant to upset you.

I never stated that the game was cheating me out of anything. I was more curious as to how it happened and if it was a bug that others had experienced.

I also did say how many subs were used and you can see that info in the screen shots.

:)

Most of my posts are informative enough, with screen shots to back up what I say. This has happened only once in about 4 seasons so I am not to fussed, although however I tend to lose out quite often to bad referee decisions.

Finally, most of my threads are made in jest and something for me to discuss in the middle of the night. They aren't really rants, they arent bug reports - just someone to share my FM experiences with while everyone else is asleep.

:)

I have my save game and a pkm but I am sorry, I just cant be bothered uploading all this stuff for a mere post. It really isn't all that important. I feel the screen shots are more than enough information one needs and that was a big enough effort for one night. :D

1st 45 seconds of added time the ball wasn't in play due to subs, so that's that added on at the end. Then one of your players gets injured on 91:40 and that takes almost 2 minutes for play to resume at around 93:25 with pretty much 3 minutes of that with the ball not active. The spare minute or so comes from the time wasting on throw-ins and a goal kick that your GK took ages to take.

It happens from time to time, and in all fairness a point is all you deserved. :p

That Russotto looks a good player btw.

and you complain about the time the referee adds on???

Time wasting as in 'pass slowly, take it to the corner flag' and all that. There really is no excuse for 9 minutes when 4 was awarded. 6 minutes would have been pushing it ffs :D

On FM I'm amazed there isn't more time added on, it can usually take in excess of 45 seconds to get the ball back for a goal kick after a shot that has gone over/wide. Same with corners, free kicks and what not, no player actually moves with any pace to get the ball to where it needs to be and its usually 30 seconds+ wasted there as well.

65181643.jpg

GGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!

SO ANGRY. This just happened to me...

still got 2 games left in group stage, which i should be able to win, but this is my 1st appearnece in champs league, and i was so hopeful for 15 minutes there

• 1 month later...

This just happened to me, was gutted because i thought i had rescued a late point.

There was no injurys and i had time wasting on minimum as i was after the winner.

When they got a corner in the 97th min i knew it was going to happen, although i did not expect my own player to do a cracking looping header over my keeper.

98 min 54 seconds when the ref finally called it time.

99816934.jpg

I recall in real life a Coventry player, heading into his own net against Pompey in stoppage time, at the end of a FA Cup game to take it into extra time not long back.

Oh well, not too fussed as it does happen in real life, we will take it on the chin. :)

Had to double check that their manager was not related to Fergie afterwards though. :p

haha i won a cl final on fm 10 with liverpool like this. It was 0-0 against real madrid and there was only supposed to be 3 minutes of injury time and although its not as insane as 9 mkinutes the referee allowed 6 minutes of injury time and carracgher scored in 90+5' to hand us a 1-0 win.

still got 2 games left in group stage, which i should be able to win, but this is my 1st appearnece in champs league, and i was so hopeful for 15 minutes there

I see that your game was refereed by Overbo :D

Every time I'm behind in a game, the stoppage time ends as soon as the added minutes are up, or on other occasions it goes beyond the allotted minutes whilst the opposing team have possession, and as soon as it seems as though my teams has an attack on, the final whistle goes

On the other hand, every time I'm defending a 1-0 lead, 2 minutes added time always end up becoming 4 minutes etc....the most successful method against this is setting the tactic to Contain and Retaining possession, even if you're playing against a much smaller club and worse team.

Every time I'm behind in a game, the stoppage time ends as soon as the added minutes are up, or on other occasions it goes beyond the allotted minutes whilst the opposing team have possession, and as soon as it seems as though my teams has an attack on, the final whistle goes

On the other hand, every time I'm defending a 1-0 lead, 2 minutes added time always end up becoming 4 minutes etc....the most successful method against this is setting the tactic to Contain and Retaining possession, even if you're playing against a much smaller club and worse team.

So true... well, not really, but it always feels like this.

Once conceded 3 injury-time goals in 2 consecutive home games. That cost me 4 points. I ended up 3 points off a play-off spot. :(

World Cup 2006 Quali

Spain - Bosnia and Herzegowina.

Bosnia was leading 0:1. The refree didn't gave the injury time, he gave 1 red card to BiH, and then in the min. 93' second red card, and the game was playing UNTIL 97', 90' + 7' because in that minute, 97' Spain scored the equaliser and the refree ended the game :thdn:

Of course, I watched the game, and the max. injury time were 3' and not 7'

So it happens in the real life too :(

Well, basically the game would last until the Spain would score. ;)

That's right, because after that lose, Spain would be out, and Bosnia and Serbia would decide in the last match who will be first and who second.

But, do you really think that UEFA or FIFA would allow a World Cup without Spain, but with some Bosnia and a little more popular Serbia? Nooo!

And they come to us with some story about match manipulation cccc

So Lavezzi, believe me, this stuff happens in real life. Sometimes it is double injury time, sometimes strange red cards, penaltys in the last minute, or like the last game: Bayer-Fiorentina where the refree didn't "saw" a offside that every man in the world saw.

That's right, because after that lose, Spain would be out, and Bosnia and Serbia would decide in the last match who will be first and who second.

But, do you really think that UEFA or FIFA would allow a World Cup without Spain, but with some Bosnia and a little more popular Serbia? Nooo!

So Lavezzi, believe me, this stuff happens in real life. Sometimes it is double injury time, sometimes strange red cards, penaltys in the last minute, or like the last game: Bayer-Fiorentina where the refree didn't "saw" a offside that every man in the world saw.

Spot on. :thup:

Just like France and Ireland.

Why?

Holland didn't go to WC 2002, England didn't go to 2008 EC, so how come the ref didn't give dodgy pens or offside decisions then?

Yes, I get FIFA want the best teams at the World Cup (and seeding the play-offs for the WC really didn't help the claim that they dont favour the big teams), but surely it doesn't make a difference if just one team is absent from the competition. The only one I could think of would be Brazil, seeing as they've been in every WC since the beginning.

And as for the France vs. Ireland game, well, Ireland really need to just accept the ref was wrong and leave at that. The whole 'include us as a 33rd nation' was quite pathetic tbh.:thdn:

I'm not saying football can't be corrupt - it's often the opposite - but sometimes people are too suspicious.

65181643.jpg

Referee? :D

This just happened to me, was gutted because i thought i had rescued a late point.

There was no injurys and i had time wasting on minimum as i was after the winner.

When they got a corner in the 97th min i knew it was going to happen, although i did not expect my own player to do a cracking looping header over my keeper.

98 min 54 seconds when the ref finally called it time.

99816934.jpg

I recall in real life a Coventry player, heading into his own net against Pompey in stoppage time, at the end of a FA Cup game to take it into extra time not long back.

Oh well, not too fussed as it does happen in real life, we will take it on the chin.

Had to double check that their manager was not related to Fergie afterwards though. :p

I know its a bit off topic but where did you get that background mate?

And as for the France vs. Ireland game, well, Ireland really need to just accept the ref was wrong and leave at that. The whole 'include us as a 33rd nation' was quite pathetic tbh.:thdn:

[rant]Being off topic here but I agree with you, and I'm an Irishman. Where I've got the problem is that in an extremely winnable group (a geriatric Italy, and a Bulgaria with 3 quality players and a pack of Sunday-leaguers) Ireland were too often content with a draw when a win was well within our grasp (ok I know we rode our luck early on against Georgia and Montenegro). The fact was on the performances of both Bulagaria and Italy we should have been looking for 6 and 4 points of the two teams respectively instead we were happy with 2 (and overjoyed that we drew a game we ran at home to Italy). Don't get me started on the attitude to the two playoff games (before the hand of Thierry) either.[/rant]

Back on topic seing as his figures have not been disputed I reckon that Oba has pointed out where exactly the extra time added on came from, and to remind everyone that a) it is entirely up to the referee how much time to play, and b) the extra time board is only a guide to outside interests (mainly TV) to give an indication of the ref's intended time added on.

Referee? :D

I know its a bit off topic but where did you get that background mate?

It's just a stadium picture that appears on Match Days from a stadium background pack that i am using.

I downloaded it about a year ago but i think the pack was called 'Beefsters stadium pack'

Back on topic seing as his figures have not been disputed I reckon that Oba has pointed out where exactly the extra time added on came from, and to remind everyone that a) it is entirely up to the referee how much time to play, and b) the extra time board is only a guide to outside interests (mainly TV) to give an indication of the ref's intended time added on.

And that is the point! What when the refere wanted to let it play until the goal felt in? I don't complain about goal made in the given injury time, but the goals after the made injury time. Because, when the ref say it will be +4, how can be possible that you made 4 minute more injury time in the period of 4 minutes???? This would mean, that in this 4 minute injury time, the game was not played?

But like I said, this happen in the real life too.

And that is the point! What when the refere wanted to let it play until the goal felt in? I don't complain about goal made in the given injury time, but the goals after the made injury time. Because, when the ref say it will be +4, how can be possible that you made 4 minute more injury time in the period of 4 minutes???? This would mean, that in this 4 minute injury time, the game was not played?

But like I said, this happen in the real life too.

But the +4 was only ever introduced as an indication of how much time the ref felt at about 85 mins (or even earlier) that he needed to add on, it has no constraint on how much he will actually add on as other factors will come into play. For example the ref will still have to add on time for any injuries, goals or other major stoppages in the extra time, and also no referee wants to do what

did. The indicated time both in the game and in real life is only a general guide and should not be taken as gospel, frustrating as that is.

P.S. I personally like it the way it is as the injury time can be the most exciting and adrenaline fuelled part of a game.

Don't the rules also state there isn't supposed to be injury time in injury time? Which means whatever happens inside the added 4 mins should not result in that much more time added.

I don't think this is the case, as teams could easily just muck about and timewaste otherwise and there would be nothing to make up for it if a player was badly injured. That's why they say "a minimum of x minutes" when they announce how much stoppage time there is going to be.

Archived