Sack The Ballboys!

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but in real life whenever the ball goes out of play, the ballboys throw the ball to the player where the FK has been given, but no. On FM the ballboys are absolutely shocking and i may have some kind of OCD but it wastes valuable seconds of my life as i watch the ball lamely tossed onto the pitch as if the ballboy throwing it was blind and had extremely weak arms. Then i watch the player slowly walk to retreive the ball while i am tearing my hair out.

I am actually melting in my seat as this saga goes on and i would very much like this to be corrected in 10.3 if SI would be so kind.

lol, best opening post ever.

Seriously, this is a problem which needs fixing, along with having to watch corner kicks being set up for an infinite amount of time.

And where your player is going to get booked, so slowly ambles towards the ref who is 60 yards away and just stays static.... watching......waiting for the player to come and accept his card. Its even more annoying when the ref only has a word!

Players are supposed to go to the ref,not the other way round, part of the Respect code IRL

I know that, but you often see movement both ways. Anyway, what is the ref doing in the wrong half of the pitch anyway? I hope his performance is marked down by the assesors accordingly :)

Yeah I agree. Another issue I have is that sometimes the whole process of taking corners/freekicks or whatever is being shown on highligths and isn't sped up like it usually is. I'd like it if there was a shortcut key, like holding SPACE for example that speeds up the highlights to max speed until you release it.

The ball should magically : poof: to the place where the dead ball is going to be taken. In fact, players should : poof: as well.

'Player should poof'.

Are you referring to Sol Campbell here? ;)

This may be a bit off topic but last season there was a west brom ball boy who ran after the ball to give it back to the player after it had gone out of play.

Half way through his run he trips over now we know who the next diver in football is :D.

Stoke are always quite funny. The ball boys keep towels to dry the ball, mainly for Delap, but to keep it fair it must be offered to other teams. When they do this they get a round of boo's from their own fans :D

The biggest time waster on FM is, without doubt, physios. The amount of times it comes up my player's injured so I go to my tactics screen quickly to see it's just a knock that reduces condition or if it's an injury with a green cross. Anyway, if I end up subbing him or just leaving the tactics screen, I have to wait for the annoying physios to run the length of the pitch, have a fiddle, then run back whilst the player magically floats to the touchline. ARGHH!!

Stoke are always quite funny. The ball boys keep towels to dry the ball, mainly for Delap, but to keep it fair it must be offered to other teams. When they do this they get a round of boo's from their own fans :D

lol that made me chuckle :) I like the stoke fans.

The biggest time waster on FM is, without doubt, physios. The amount of times it comes up my player's injured so I go to my tactics screen quickly to see it's just a knock that reduces condition or if it's an injury with a green cross. Anyway, if I end up subbing him or just leaving the tactics screen, I have to wait for the annoying physios to run the length of the pitch, have a fiddle, then run back whilst the player magically floats to the touchline. ARGHH!!

Yes! This drives me crazy - it gets to the point where i'll leave a "playonable" injury going for a while just to make sure the game doesn't show me the physio poncing over the pitch for a few minutes which happens when I do a quick sub.

The worst is when for some reason the ME makes you watch it, but then... doesn't show you the f%#$ing free kick!!

This.

Or when it's a corner kick in the last few seconds - your players take an age to get ready but the full time whistle blows just before they take the corner :confused:

Archived