Relationship with the media

There seems to be a lot of people here that dont really get on with the press conference feature...many find it boring and repetitive, but I find it a game within itself in trying to work out how to keep up relations with the media. An onside journalist I would imagine is a powerful tool that you can use to motivate your players, demotivate the opposition and of course make you look good! As it happens tho, Ive not been able to find that out yet as Im still struggling to build any kind of relationship with the media. My local media fiercly dislike me and the ones that have popped up occasionally already have me down as an unfriendly relationship.

Originally I tried to always be positive but then wondered if the problem might be that I might appear arrogant. Then I tried a fewer negative responses, which prob appeared to do more harm than good! (team morale) so then I worked on finding a balance and using the least positive statement I could find without risking team harmony. But it also doesnt appear to do any good.

I wondered if we could throw a few ideas around to see what works for others. Has anybody managed to build up a good relationship with the media? Is the key to it to do with the journalist personality? be positive with enthusiastic journos etc?

What works for you?

Archived