Your most profitable deal.

A newgen i bought a few seasons ago for 975k, he was excellent (190+ PA), his value went up to about £15m and i didn't want to sell him but he hated another member of my squad (gourcuff actually). So i sold him for £35m to AC Milan and also sold the 20% profit from next sale clause for another £5.5m so i made almost £40m on that deal.

Pity really as now Gourcuff is getting on in my game - he's almost 31 - and the newgen is still only 23 or so and now at Barca so i might flogg Yoann and try and get the newgen back. But probably not as i really don't need him back, he was an excellent player tho.

Gourcuff seems to be always available for free in my save games at the end of his contract :D I`ve managed to get him a couple of times. Also Akinfeev on a free in 2014 when his contract with CSKA Moscow expires (at least at my current save). Demba Ba can also be signed on free, Ben Arfa, Carlos Eduardo, Gignac and many more really great players. I tend to try and sign only players on a free. A few years into the game you can actually make a league-winning squad of those. And you can sell them and watch your team`s bank account go wiiiild :D

My biggest sell is exactly Gourcuff - got him on a free and sold a season later for 60 mil euros :)

Well I bought Romelu Lukaku on a free, had him for half a season before selling him for 10 million. Not the biggest profit, but certainly the biggest profit in the shortest amount of time. :p I also got a regen for 1k that is now worth 25 million, but I haven't sold him yet.

A newgen i bought a few seasons ago for 975k, he was excellent (190+ PA), his value went up to about £15m and i didn't want to sell him but he hated another member of my squad (gourcuff actually). So i sold him for £35m to AC Milan and also sold the 20% profit from next sale clause for another £5.5m so i made almost £40m on that deal.

Pity really as now Gourcuff is getting on in my game - he's almost 31 - and the newgen is still only 23 or so and now at Barca so i might flogg Yoann and try and get the newgen back. But probably not as i really don't need him back, he was an excellent player tho.

Why didn't you sell Gourcuff?

In CM01/02, I bought a certain Sergio Juarez (regen) for 30k off a Danish club, sold him to Atletico Madrid for 7 mil, after winning the CL title with Dungannon. Interestingly, he wasn't even some 17-year old reserve player when I bought him, he was 23 years old and already quite decent.

In FM08, I got Patrick Mailey to Derry for free, and sold him on to some EPL club for 700k, that's about the best I got.

It's upsetting how I remember more details about my CM01/02 games than the more recent ones. :(

I signed a striker once on a free transfer from arsenal, he was a very good player, england international. I played him in about half of my games, he did well, had a good goal rate. but i had a few strikers that were better so I when I got an offer from arsenal for 40 mil at the end of the season, i sold him straight back

40 mil profit in 1 season

ive also signed a brazillian defender for a few mil and sold him to Real several years later for 100 mil, but not as good as the previous deal IMO

At the moment I'm managing Norwich - in League 1 last season. I spotted Rhys Murphy at those open trial day things, and signed him on a free. Won the title, and sold him on to Blackburn for £1.7 million. Strangely, he only started 2 games due to the good form of Nathan Tyson and Will Hoskins.

Overall would be in 09 a Portuguese who I got at 17, though can't remember exactly how much it would only have been for a couple of million. Fast forward to shortly before he turned 30 after being fantastic for a long time, he was unhappy and probably wasn't going to renew his contract in the summer (when he had a year to go) so sold him to Juve for 38M. Trouble is I forgot occasionally the january window doesn't always end in january so he turned into a last minute deal as opposed to a confirmed deal for the summer.

Best I can do for this game was a Tunisian forward I got from Denmark for 1.2M and went to Lazio 3 years later for 10M.

In 09 signed a wonderkid regen from Arsenal when he was 20 for £3,5m. He wanted to leave the club after 3 years.

Ok, so I sold him to Milan for £60m. :D

Had another one this season. This player came from my youth squad and then I offered him as part of the deal to bring Walcott to Aston Villa. 3 Years later, I bought him back for £33m and then sold him 4 years later for £47m and bought a wonderkid for £29m

FM10? Well that would have to be Jovetic. I brought him for 8.5million whilst at Barcelona, and sold him for 25million couple seasons after i got him.

Ever? A player called Junior, got him for 800k and sold him for 35million. This was in FM08 i believe, but this was when youngsters from Brazil would become brilliant.

Signed a regen ST on a free after ARSEnal let him go. Sold him on for 15mil. Not brilliant profit compared to some of the posts on here, I know. But given that I was a Cola League club at this point, I was more than happy to take 15mil for him.

I managed to sign Areola from Chelsea for 3.8mil. Playing in 2022, he's 28 now. Four and a half stars... never gonna sell him! Hopefully a can get 5 seasons out of him. Not contributing to the 'profit' stories, but goes down as one hell of a bargain!

i once signed a greek regen left winger for 25k from pana at 17yrs old. he became my first choice in january that season and two seasons later became my captain, and my best player regularly hitting an average rating of 7.3. i sold him when he was 24 for 75m, with a buy back clause.

for me its marquinhos bought for 3.4 million sold to chelsea after hitting 28 prem goals in a season for 78.8 million (not my choice chelsea come in and made an enquiry i put it to 80 million thinking itll put them off and they offered 78.8 million which chairman accepted) mind you after a few seasons of making good profit and using the youth system well im 345 million in the black with a transfer budget now of 440 million.

Recently with my League One Chesterfield side, I have been signing a few frees and selling them on for lovely profit. For example, Giles Coke, sold for £500k, GK David Jensen for £240k, Jordi Lopez for £350k, Richie de Laet for £1.2m and Hendry Thomas for £1.4m.

Not a lot overall, but a lot relative to the size of my club.

Archived