Am I destined for some bad FM karma?

The story starts when I create a French club based in Toulon and place them in the French National league. A few years down the track I manage to get them promoted to Ligue 1 and begin to sit pretty around mid-table to top six.

Meanwhile, Toulouse FC, who had previously won the Ligue 1 title in the first season of the game, were struggling big time for consistency and never really moved out of the bottom half of the table. Mind you, this side had the likes of Sissoko, Gignac, Pele, Didot, Ebondo, Braaten, Machado and so on, but never managed to perform for the manager who was eventually sacked in April.

Now, I've always been a fan of Gignac but could never afford the 10M-plus pricetag, while I also had previously declared interest in Didot and Sissoko to try and unsettle them (in the nicest possible way). All of this was about to change.

Going into the last few games, Montpellier, Boulogne Cote d'Opale and Toulouse were desperately trying to avoid the last relegation spot after Valenciennes and Sedan Ardennes both crumbled and were relegated earlier on. I knew full well that on the last game of the season Boulogne were to come to my home ground to try save their season from devastation.

Come the last day of a long season, I had secured fourth spot, no higher and no lower, while Toulouse and Boulogne were the only two sides trying to evade the drop. Toulouse, 37 points, took on 15th place Stade Malherbe Caen at home, while Boulogne, also 37 points, played my side away.

In an act the devil would stand to applaud, I decided to play a reserve-grade team against the desperate Boulogne and hoped that Toulouse would fail to defeat Caen.

The game between my club and Boulogne finished 0-0, with the away boys clearly dominating the weak team I fielded. After congratulating my team on a season well done, I then looked over to the latest scores where at full-time Toulouse had only managed a limp 1-1 draw with Caen. Oh brilliant, I thought.

Leaving the match, I then checked out the league table to discover that Toulouse and Boulogne finished on 38 points, with the table as follows:

toughlucktoulouse.jpg

That's right! Toulouse FC are relegated by a measly goal difference of one less than Boulogne.

Hours later, and to my overwhelming pleasure, Gignac, Sissoko, Didot and co. are now transfer-listed and available on very tidy prices in what has become Toulouse's attempt to "reduce the clubs wage bill." Needless to say, I opened the cheque book and savaged the Toulouse first team, while my team has now been strengthened for the new season without even blowing the budget. What a piece of business!

Now to the point: Am I now destined for a whole lot of bad karma, perhaps struck down by injuries? Or a team that doesn't gel?

Has anyone else done something like this, a little act of evil for future wealth and success? If not, I would highly recommend it! ;)

haha maybe you could wave a copy of the league table at them?? just to rile them even more ;)

haha. do something like what man city did to united with tevez, "welcome to manchester."

could always release some negative media comments about their club and manager.

yeh, i've definitely got some bad karma coming now.

Archived