Press Conferences - Repeated Questions

Just started a new game with Sheff Wed and I don't normally do press conferences but when I took over the team were second bottom of the CCC so I'm making sure I use them to my advantage.

Anyway, I have John Fleck on loan who is listed as AM LC/F C. He played one start and made one sub appearance for me so far. The first choice AML before I came in was Etienne Esajas, who in the run up to an away game to WBA picked up an injury.

I go to the Pre-match press conference and get asked if his loss will be important. To keep him buttered up, I say yes. The next question asks me who I will replace him with. The options are Rocky Lekaj and Micky Gray. So, happily I say 'None of the below'. The next question goes like this - 'the public will want to hear a proper answer from you, who will you replace Esajas with?'.

I just gave a proper answer, why is 'None of the below' not a proper answer? Secondly, why isn't Fleck listed as a replacement, especially seeing as he played both his games so far in the same position as Esajas and is listed as an AML, which suits the tactic I played.

The game takes "none of the below" as meaning "nobody!". I said it for a non-league team's most dangerous player, as I hadn't heard of any of them.

See, that just doesn't make sense. None of the below, should mean exactly that. If I don't want to tell them, surely I will use 'No Comment'?

See, that just doesn't make sense. None of the below, should mean exactly that. If I don't want to tell them, surely I will use 'No Comment'?

You'd ahve thought so. TBH I think the media side is due an update anyway as there are some issues with it IMO... apparently Chelsea are a surprise nomination for the title after finishing 2nd in the first 2 seasons.

I know. It is crazy. The game also takes the middle option as being a "No Comment" on normal questions.

There needs tp be a tad more variety and intelligence to then, that is for sure. The issue I have with injury conferences is I answer two questions on the injury that are linked, then get asked the same question over again. Bug methinks.

I like it when i have a player on loan, i sign them permanently, they are coming in january, so I get asked after a game "XXX did well, will you sign him permanently." I say yes, then I get the old "XXX has no intention of joining club XXX on a permanent basis". YOU JUST SIGNED FOR ME MATE!

ive noticed this a lot in press conferences, that what you say is often told to take a completely different thing in the game.

for example, i remember answering a press question with something similar to "we have a chance in the upcoming game". the game then reported this as "Manager thinks he will win!" but that obviously wasnt what i said. this played into moral as well as i was playing a bigger team than me.

Sounds like a bug to me. Do you have a saved game from before the press conference is called?

I'm not sure, I'll have a look later.

I'm not convinced it's a bug though (maybe Fleck being left out is) but in regards to the 'None of the below' it just seems to be one of those poorly labelled things - much like the 'Address me by my surname' box on earlier versions of the game.

Well I think Fleck should be mentioned in this case. What would you suggest changing the "None of the below" to if you could?

I wouldn't change the label, I'd change how it works. In the case that my player isn't listed, if I say 'None of the below' the press should take it as exactly that. Obviously, that's probably a bigger change for something that isn't a big issue though. If the way it worked couldn't be altered for any reason, then I'd just change it to no comment or something similar.

Unfortunately, I haven't got a save before it as it's a new game and I've only set up one save for it. I'll be doing press conferences whenever I can though, so I'll look out for it :thup:

The Media is weird.

I have been asked in different games why I am not playing a interantional player and that not picking him is a shock to the nation. I would pick the player except he is injured or banned.

I when picked my squad numbers for the Europa League after Januery the media was shocked I left out a player. Strange thing was that he was not in my Euro squad the period of Sep to Dec and I got no message, infact he has played very few league games all season. Why suddenly react now?

Forgot to mention I can never figure out what to say in the player launch press conferences. Any time I think I am saying nice things about the player he either doesn't respond or I have upset him in some way. Its very confusing. I have the Ass Man do all the press but for some reason it does not count player launches.

its time for si to make a choice regarding press conferences, either re-invent it or just dump it.

right now i find them pointless, and just set my assistent to do them, but even that, isnt always a smart thing to do. In the long run, they become to much of a hassle.

i was annoyed in the first instance with the whole press issue. my issue lay with the fact that it was sold as a brand new feature. whereas in reality it was really just the old press questions just repackaged.

Archived