Help please. I have a huge problem.

Oh NO!

I'm running Fulham, I have a second leg of a Euro cup game about to happen. I hit continue a couple of times read my emails did some scouting got to team selection only to find that literally 75% of my team are on international duty or injured. I never got any emails that people were leaving for international duty. I have no idea what to do I cant even field a full team. Is there a way I can have the game moved? I mean seriously what am I supposed to do?:mad:

MM

I find very occasionally that a knockout round of CL or EC will clash with some international fixtures (normally South American) and leave me short handed for a vital match (maybe my own fault for buying so many South Americans). But as I say very occasionally, maybe once every 3 or 4 seasons and not on every save.

Well since its a Euro cup game I can't play anyone except the guys i made available at the start of the cup right. That leaves me with a starting 9 (most out of position like strikers playing D) and no bench.

Should I just start over and hope the game catches it this time? Its early on, 6 friendlies one cup game lots of scouting and new staff bought.

Can I use some youth players to fill in the gaps?

This is pretty ridiculous. even more ridiculous that no one would mention it. I seem to remember getting emails last year stating "so and so will be leaving for an international game and wont be available."

MM

Yeah i got beat 2-0.

im just gonna keep replaying it till I win.

Its pretty stupid. normally i wouldnt replay a game but this is a HUGE error on the games part so i think Im allowed a pass this time.

It's your game and you can do what you want, but, out of interest, would you have normally won the game anyway?

It's your game and you can do what you want, but, out of interest, would you have normally won the game anyway?

yes, probably I was heavily favored. It was some Israeli team Bnehi something. I beat them in Israel and was coming home to beat them at Craven Cottage. except my team went other places.

Ok, that's fair enough.

There was a similar problem with last year's game iirc, where you had players off on international duty even though you had a game. You'd have thought they'd have realised and made sure it wouldn't happen again this time round

This is infuriating for me too, as the Champions league final Clashes with the Under 21 euros (competitive, so i can't withdraw) - which is infuriating as i tend to rely on youth - and by the time they're all grown up - i'll have sold them for big bucks...

Do you use lots of youths? (even under 23s if it's an olympic year) as I don't think games get moved for that level (not sure about IRL when it affects one team so seriously)

As an aside - the hover text thingy on this board doesn't show the text formatting.

As a result, when I first saw this thread, I saw the title "Help please. I have a huge problem."

I hovered over the title to find out more - imagine my surprise when the first thing I read was "Oh No! I'm running Fulham," :)

Archived