Headbutted

Should These Violent Features Come Back (If Not Already Here)  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Should These Violent Features Come Back (If Not Already Here)

• YES
    • NO

I'm not sure, but I've read SI got rid of the violent non-football side of the matches.

If it's so, it's a bad decision IMO... Hotheaded players are fairly common in real football, and so are reactions and even brawls, especially during tense games.

FM claims to be a realistic simulation, but the lack of such episodes is a huge gap...

I'm not sure, but I've read SI got rid of the violent non-football side of the matches.

If it's so, it's a bad decision IMO... Hotheaded players are fairly common in real football, and so are reactions and even brawls, especially during tense games.

FM claims to be a realistic simulation, but the lack of such episodes is a huge gap...

Completely agree. Sometimes it needed a little bit of tweaking - in CM01/02 (I think) I signed Patrick Vieira only for him to get a 6 month ban for punching a ref in an international friendly - but overall it's a big enough part of the game to need implementing.

Completely agree. Sometimes it needed a little bit of tweaking - in CM01/02 (I think) I signed Patrick Vieira only for him to get a 6 month ban for punching a ref in an international friendly - but overall it's a big enough part of the game to need implementing.

Yes I had a player sent off in CM 01/02, cant remember the player, but he headbutted a player and got a 6 month Global ban. Never seen it since

Yes I had a player sent off in CM 01/02, cant remember the player, but he headbutted a player and got a 6 month Global ban. Never seen it since

LOL I think Si should really bring them stuff back since it does happen in real life football alot.

If I recall it was removed because of the legality issues surrounding real world players :)

Interesting one this, where do you draw the line? Players dying is obviously in terrible taste, as is being assaulted etc (see Callum Davenport). Players getting arrested/imprisoned is presumably straying into libel territory. Is getting sent off for headbutting another player really so different to getting sent off for a reckless, two-footed lunge? I guess a headbutt involves intentional malice while even the worst tackle might be just very bad technique/timing. I'm no lawyer, but I can't see anybody being taken seriously in a court of law if they're claiming its libel that a computer-generated version of themselves attacked a computer-generated version of somebody else in a scenario that is only a few degrees (ie Aggression, Determination stats) from random chance.

Does anyone remember a few versions back (prolly in pre-FM days) the 'ARSE' file? It was a little .edt (?)file to pop in before you started a game and it would make these incidents happen. Ah, fun days.

Now, a ssaid, for legal reasons SI can't risk these things with real players, but for regens it should be a feature.

Legal issues?

Pfft...

Ultimate Football Manager 98 had BRIBES...

All SI need is a nice little disclaimer stating every act of violence is randomized and not reflecting of any real-life inclination and it shouldn't be a problem.

Can't the same "issues" be applied to red cards too?!

Should the players with the worst discipline sue SI because they replicated their dirtiness in the game?

P.S. speaking of which, Marco Materazzi actually sued a writer because in a TV movie a character said this line "stupid Materazzi got sent off again... dammit"

Legal issues?

Pfft...

All SI need is a nice little disclaimer stating every act of violence is randomized and not reflecting of any real-life inclination and it shouldn't be a problem.

Can't the same "issues" be applied to red cards too?!

Should the players with the worst discipline sue SI because they replicated their dirtiness in the game?

P.S. speaking of which, Marco Materazzi actually sued a writer because in a TV movie a character said this line "stupid Materazzi got sent off again... dammit"

Which kind of proves why they removed it!

Players can still get cards for pushing other players though, although half the time they only get a yellow.

Which kind of proves why they removed it!

Players can still get cards for pushing other players though, although half the time they only get a yellow.

To me it just proves Materazzi is indeed a tool.

And anyway a semi-offensive line (stating the truth though) in a TV movie is referring to the real-life Materazzi, not to some lines of programming code.

Following such logic, any player who gets a red card for a silly foul should sue SI, Konami, EA Sports and any other software house producing a football game?

Why can't that be fixed by a disclaimer is beyond me.

Still, a yellow card for an odd push doesn't make it up for the lack of reactions, and "legendary" brawls, South American style.

Now, a ssaid, for legal reasons SI can't risk these things with real players, but for regens it should be a feature.

I agree, and have always believed this should happen. I think SI should maybe hardcode the 'controversial' parts of the game, e.g dying, pushing ref, punching players to start in 2040 maybe. Maybe the player could get an option to include it.

But I would love to see it on 3D:D

I agree, and have always believed this should happen. I think SI should maybe hardcode the 'controversial' parts of the game, e.g dying, pushing ref, punching players to start in 2040 maybe. Maybe the player could get an option to include it.

But I would love to see it on 3D:D

Yeah it would be cool to see it 3DLOL.I remember once on FM08 my Chelsea reserves and manchester United reserves had abit of a brawl on the pitch. It was funny to see in 2D because all the circles were around each other and 2 players got sent off for headbutting players lol. It actually felt preety real even the keeper came out of his net. I will love for SI to bring stuff like this back into the game it added realness. All it is know is bad sliding tackles.

I always loved the 'Player X throws a right hook at Player Y, and it was a peach too!' commentary!

Always had me in stitches :D

I saw that happen only once in FM09

I remember that, I never used it for matches though but I tried to use to get a very young Gianluigi Buffon from Parma :D

surely there is a way to introduce these things in the editor. I mean you could add a ban or something. I recently got an elbow in the face on fm10 3d view, it just looked like there were going up for a header honestly. still it was a red card that sent me down so

You used to be able to put "ARSE" or "DEBUG_MODE" into the predecessor to LNC files and it would allow for a little extra controversy such as kicking or violence.

I do believe that SI had to remove it from the games code, thereby killing off the ability to trigger it.

IIRC it was built into the editor as a checkable option on CM01/02

How on earth can headbutting/punching be taken out? this is a football sim right? that is part of football.

I'm confused as to how it can be taken out for legal reasons, how is breaking somebodys leg with a two footed, violent, unnecessary tackle deemed to be okay, but a headbutt or a punch in a heated match isn't?

There is to much legal jargon ruining parts of these games. What next? taking out two footed tackles? the game seems to be slowly losing its realistic tag after each version, something else will be taken out for the next version I'm sure and it seems to be a worrying trend.

In my opinion, we need more than just a realistic match engine for this game to be a real football sim.

Yeah this still happens, but I'm guessing only with regens due to the legal issues. See below taken from the commentary file:

# EVENT_PLAYER_STRIKES_REFEREE

= 411, 1, 0, 0, 0, 4, 2, 0, 0, SOUND_ANGRY_AT_PLAYER_OPPOSITION

> 10, 2500, 25

INGAME ENGLISH: <p1c> PUNCHES THE REFEREE!!!|This is unbelievable!!!

REPORT ENGLISH: Unbelievably, <p1> punched <rf>!!!!!

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 10, 2500, 25

INGAME ENGLISH: <p1c> HITS THE REFEREE!!!|Sensational stuff!!!

REPORT ENGLISH: Sensationally, <p1> hit <rf>!!!!!

INGAME ENGLISH: All hell breaks loose here!|It's a full on brawl!|Punches everywhere!!!

REPORT ENGLISH: All hell broke loose as a full on brawl erupted!

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 10, 1600, 37

INGAME ENGLISH: It's turned into a brawl!|<Rf> tries to control the mayhem!

REPORT ENGLISH: It turned into a brawl as the referee tried to control the mayhem

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 10, 1600, 37

INGAME ENGLISH: It's turned into a brawl!|<Rf> tries to control the mayhem!|These are disgraceful scenes!!!

REPORT ENGLISH: It turned into a brawl as <rf> tried to control the mayhem

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 10, 1600, 37

INGAME ENGLISH: Now punches are flying everywhere!|<Rf> needs to regain control!

etc :p

yep no violence in this game. could be because real life players wouldnt b happy with it or maybe SI want to keep it as a family game

When has FM ever been a "family game"?

It seems a bit contradictory to promote a game with kicking the violence out of football then building headbutting into the game no?

It's about kicking out racism, not violence.

They are still in the game..

There is a event for pushing the ref over

for all 22 players to have a fight

there is quite a few tbh

I seem to remember seeing a thread on here recently where someone claimed to have been going through the code (possibly the sound config file) and found a line that seemed to suggest that attacking/pushing over a referee is still a possibility, albeit a rare one......
Although them lines are still in the commentary file I believe they are not active. Somebody mentioned it in the thread about a custom commentary pack.

HoJ is right, not every line in the commentary is used, despite what Joe Latics may tell you.

Yeah this still happens, but I'm guessing only with regens due to the legal issues. See below taken from the commentary file:

> 10, 2500, 25

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 10, 2500, 25

INGAME ENGLISH: All hell breaks loose here!|It's a full on brawl!|Punches everywhere!!!

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 10, 1600, 37

REPORT ENGLISH: It turned into a brawl as the referee tried to control the mayhem

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 10, 1600, 37

INGAME ENGLISH: It's turned into a brawl!|<Rf> tries to control the mayhem!|These are disgraceful scenes!!!

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 10, 1600, 37

INGAME ENGLISH: Now punches are flying everywhere!|<Rf> needs to regain control!

WOW i will love to see this on my match engine lol. On FM 09 my Chelsea U18 had a brawl with the Mana U U18, a full on one. Unfortunatly i did not have a 3D match Engine back then but i do know and i will love to see a fight.

As a QPR fan, I think we need an option to headbutt players after the game if theyre under performing!

I always liked the random violence, especially as it happens in real life, like the chine QPR kung fu brawl where theres a brilliant picture of the coach landing a right hook on someones chin.

> 10, 2500, 25

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 10, 2500, 25

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 10, 1600, 37

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 10, 1600, 37

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 10, 1600, 37

*imagines the million things we could do with CAMRAD and this*

Was about to post saying that i had seen it but with a lot of people saying its disabled it must of been Champ Manager 10 (i assume it is as thats the only other football manager sim i've played in a long time bar FM09) that i saw it as i distinctly remember seeing a Liverpool player being sent off in one of my games for headbutting.

Archived