Why is full time not full time ??

Doesn't seem to happen with the half time 'time added on'

But full time added on rarely just lasts 'x' minutes.

Virtually every game, it will say 2, 3, 4 but then actually last 4, 5, 6.

I've had games where I have been 1-0 up at 90 mins, 2 mins of extra time is added, and then they score in the 93rd min, when obviously the game should have already ended.:mad::mad::mad:

IMO 2 mins = 2 mins, not 3 mins or 4 mins

If it wanted to add 3 mins or 4 mins, it should say so, instead of saying e.g 2 mins

Have you never watched football in real life before? This is supposed to be simulate real life, and that is what happens in real life.

Dont forget the amount of action is usually larger towards the dying end of the game. Substitutions, ball scrappily knocked out of play, injuries, bookings. They all tend to happen quite a lot in the last few minutes of the game. More injury time added during injury time.

Trust me. Those are the rules. The amount of time shown by the 4th official is the minimum number of minutes.

Lol I was agreeing with you!! :p

Sorry, didnt make it very clear, its too damned early in the morning... :o

As the other guy said, time is usually added to extra time. Makes sense really, someone could go down hurt, or the other team keep kicking the ball into the stands, naturally more time should be added.

me thinks you lost a game in "extra" extra time.

So it can be understood then that extra time in a roundabout kind of way actually means - "minimum amount of time until the opposition deny you your victory (or draw, depending on whether you were winning or drawing at the time)"

So it can be understood then that extra time in a roundabout kind of way actually means - "minimum amount of time until the opposition deny you your victory (or draw, depending on whether you were winning or drawing at the time)"

My advice: stop complaining. It happens irl, therefore it happens in the game. If you want to change it, take it up with the real life rule makers, cos SI are sure not gonna change when it's happening weekly irl.

Jeez, this was a huge debate when SAF gobbed off yet again and got punished. It is globally recognised that the time added on is a minimum.

Why was he gobbing off this time? Its always working for him!

Did you see the game against Leeds in the FA Cup? 5 minutes of time added on, but from where? There were no injuries lol

Yes thats exactly right. Along with the AI cheating, superkeepers existing and tilting your monitor one way or another will help the ball go that way.

Man up and accept the game and football as it is.

Never heard the stadium announcer say "The 4th official has indicated there will be a minimum of 2 minutes added time..." ??

Only for us people who actually go to football matches. Remember some people only watch the Sky Four on TV!

Only for us people who actually go to football matches. Remember some people only watch the Sky Four on TV!

lol thats a fair point!!

Also, can we just clear this up please. The time added on is called 'injury time' and not 'extra time'. Extra time is something completely different altogether.

Correct. Used to be called "Stoppage Time" too, iirc

That depends if you're a Man Utd fan or not.

I don't think speople watches real life football. In another thread he was complaining that lower league players don't misplace 19 out of every 20 passes on FM.

19 out of 20 is an exaggeration, it's more like 7/20 in the Football League. At tier 10, I suppose 17/20 would be about right. Note that I have no stats.

The "minimum time" thing- that's supposed to allow for an extra 59 seconds. If the referee does not blow after 59 seconds, his assistants are supposed to remind him. If he has since added on more time, he says so, and the game continues.

And the Mark Hughes impersination award goes too...

Archived