What's your greatest ever (non match related) moment in CM/FM

As it says on the lid what has been your greatest achievment on any CM/FM that isn't match related.

E.G. When you won the league on the last day of the season on goal difference after the leaders lost a game they only had to draw and you won 4-0.

My greatest achievment usually fluctuates with whatever version i am playing. At the moment i am playing Cm99/00 for a bit of nostalgia and took up the challenge of managing Montrose in the Scottish 3rd division and my success with them so far is my 'current' greatest achievment for me.

So far i have won the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st divisions of Scotland and expected to struggle as to get into the SPL i have to have a 10,000 all seater stadium which put me in 6 million pound of debt so no signings are able to be made. Well blow me down if i didn't go on and win the league at the first go of asking finishing 6 points clear of Celtic in 2nd place. As another pleasing bonus the club was taken over Mid February and all debts cleared and 5.5 million made available for signings.

I am hoping to win the CL with them in 5 years time so fingers crossed.

So whats yours?

Selling Damien Plessis to Spurs for 5 million, then picking him up on a free 3 years later and selling him to villa for another 5 million. And he never made an appearance for either.:thup:

In actuality it's got to be having Torres break the all-time LFC league goal scoring record on FM 08, as a 35 year old player coach. Wonderful.

In FM 05 I was managing Man United and Ireland, and Ireland got a crop of truly awesome newgens.

Both teams were captained by a superb midfielder, and in the same season he lifted the Premiership, FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League and a World Cup. Best save ever. ^^

On FM08, when 31 year old captain, talisman and legend Ali Karimi turned down Premiership club Middlesbrough to stay with Championship Burnley because he loved the club too much... *sniff*

Thats priceless. I never actually thought a player would turn down a move to a superior league than the one he was playing in.

Selling Damien Plessis to Spurs for 5 million, then picking him up on a free 3 years later and selling him to villa for another 5 million. And he never made an appearance for either.:thup:

legend. that's how i work my way up the footballing ladder. sign freebies, use them off the bench, sell them on for big profits.

good work.

in this game, signed antunes from roma for 825K for my french ligue 2 side, and sold him three years later to atletico madrid for 16.25M.

Archived