steam acheivements help

anyone know how to gain the professor achievement on steam?? and has anyone got it??

I've been wondering as well and I then found the definition as given by dbruns:

The Professor

You have gained at least 75% scouting knowledge for your club

but I found it didn't really help much. Does this mean your personal scouting knowledge must provide the club with 75% of its scouting knowledge or that you have to have scouting knowledge of 75% of the world? I'm assuming it's the latter but that must be almost impossible.

I'm on a late save with Nottingham Forest and am allowed around 20 scouts and would estimate that I have about a 50% scouting knowledge of the world. The problem is, although I have many countries loaded in my save, it is impossible to hire a staff member with scouting knowledge of many regions and as such there are huge blanks in my scouting knowledge. Although I'm aware that you can send your scouts out and let them accumulate knowledge they gain only temporary mastery of an area and by the time they've got knowledge for another area they've forgotten what they've already learnt. Is there a way to make scouting knowledge improvements permanent or do I simply have to employ even more scouts and send them on a permanent holidays to far-flung locations? Any other tips on gaining this achievement would be appreciated!

I've already got it!! :p

Sign as many scouts as you can have, and assign them to the different regions (roaming assignments)

Also helps if you hire staff of different nationalities, coaches and physio's too, not just scouts.

Also helps if you can get as many different feeder clubs as possible, to use their knowledge...

Also helped that I had about 25 scouts so assigned a couple of them to the biggest areas (C.Europe/Africas)

Haven't seen anything on these forums about this achievement and then two threads come at once.

Exactly why i did the guide thingy, as i couldn't find any information on this.

I must be able to predict future threads :D. (now i just need to be able to predict lottery numbers!).

Exactly why i did the guide thingy, as i couldn't find any information on this.

I must be able to predict future threads :D. (now i just need to be able to predict lottery numbers!).

You obviously have a gift - you just need to wait for the Channel Five documentary crew to turn up to film "the bloke who can predict SI forum threads and has two heads amd lives in the body of a mouse etc" ;)

Didn't think that I would be too keen at first but these achievements are really adding something extra to the game. I'm currently managing Forest and am in a bit of a rut in the Premiership - been unable to improve more for a while - and the Achievements are helping to give me targets in the game and keep it interesting. Problem is I've done all the easy ones now and just left with the hard ones.

Behind Professor though is double hattrick. The amount of times 1 player has scored five goals for me makes me want to scream!

Yeah i think i'll have the 20 years with 1 club achievement before someone manages to score 6 in a game :(.

I figure the only way I'm going to get it in a competitive match is with a really lucky European draw against a rubbish team. Maybe play one striker and push the midfield backwards to try and make sure all goals are scored by one man...

Archived