My Sqaud

Hi

I am with Newcaslte , I am in the Champions League and all the other competitions

2 Questions ??

How big are your guys squad if you are in the champions League ?

If I have a players who is 28 I will buy a 19 year old players to eventully replace him . Is there a certain age that players start complaining about 1st Team Football ???

Thanks

i have a squad of 30 players, 4 of which i send on loan to my affiliated clubs. i like my squad to be around 26 players.

From my experience players with high abition will start complaining for regular first team place if you leave them out for long periods.

with big squads its best to rotate your players around to keep everyone happy.

and no there is no age ristrictions, but young players are less likely to complain about first team football.

Yes players will complain about lack of playing time if you do not have any injuries. It just happens. But you need to rotate your starters. I suggest that you check the players' condition before each match. If one of your regular starters is below 95%, start the backup. Also, when you have an easy match start a couple of bench players or youngsters you are trying to develop. Finally, to the extent possible, loan out your reserve squad. If you do those things, you shouldn't see too many complaints.

Originally posted by mattg787:

Hi

But what do you do when a players is reaching 28 ?

Also what do you do when you have an injury free season , wont players complain about not playing ??

Thanks

Reaching 28 is not a problem. Manchester United did not get rid of Rio Ferdinand when he turned 28. If you want to buy youngsters for the future - then go for it.

Injury-free seasons almost never happen. You can please all your players all the time anyway. That's why you're the manager. Manage it.

Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattg787:

Hi

But what do you do when a players is reaching 28 ?

Also what do you do when you have an injury free season , wont players complain about not playing ??

Thanks

Reaching 28 is not a problem. Manchester United did not get rid of Rio Ferdinand when he turned 28. If you want to buy youngsters for the future - then go for it.

Injury-free seasons almost never happen. You can please all your players all the time anyway. That's why you're the manager. Manage it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If a player isn't crucial for me, I usually sell him in the season between 29/30, as you have got his best years out of him (unless a gk) and will still get decent cash.

Thanks A Lot

One More Question , How Many Strikers do you normalley have ??

Depends on formation. Again, helps to have maybe a winger who can play striker - so it's not a waste. Have at least 4 strikers if you're playing 4-4-2 or similar.

Thanks A Lot

One More Question , How Many Strikers do you normalley have ??

I currently have 4 for the first team (one of whom is on loan)

3 proven premiership strikers in the reserves.

6 young strikers I can bring through- even thugh my oldest striker out of the others is 25 icon_biggrin.gif.

Archived