Use real players ???

I'm going to start a new game as my current one has lost its enjoyment. I noticed this button saying ' use real players' and was wondering if someone could tell me what it does and would they reccomende playing with it. thanks for a quick response. icon_smile.gif

I started a game like this recently. I find it fun but you can tell who some of the players represent by there favourite clubs but some may have a different nationality.

Can be fun if you are looking for a new challenge so i'd recommend it.

In my experience it was rubbish. Started it for fun, with Inter. After searching through all the best players in the world, I found that about half were exact representations of real players (eg Ronaldinho, Terry, Puyol, Villa) with the exact same stats and favourite personnel.

The other half of the "good" players were complete rubbish, with the stats of a decent 17 year old. For example, a certain player from Real Madrid who was 26 had stats approximately the same as an 18 year old Gabriel Torje and was rated 7 stars by all of my scouts. Hmm.

So the pics are probably gone with this option... It would be kind of funny to se an XY player have the pic of Robinho icon_biggrin.gif also in the real database, is EVERY new young player a regen? For what I understand a regen should have all the stats (nationality, hight, weight and most important PA).. So when I was playing with Red Star once I got a LWB from netherland that was very promising so for fun I checked out his PA and it was 191.. I don't recall any dutch WBL having such a high PA in recent years icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by deki_s:

So when I was playing with Red Star once I got a LWB from netherland that was very promising so for fun I checked out his PA and it was 191.. I don't recall any dutch WBL having such a high PA in recent years icon_smile.gif

Urby Emanuelson? Did he have Surinamese as his second nationality?

So the pics are probably gone with this option... It would be kind of funny to se an XY player have the pic of Robinho icon_biggrin.gif also in the real database, is EVERY new young player a regen? For what I understand a regen should have all the stats (nationality, hight, weight and most important PA).. So when I was playing with Red Star once I got a LWB from netherland that was very promising so for fun I checked out his PA and it was 191.. I don't recall any dutch WBL having such a high PA in recent years icon_smile.gif

They aren't regens anymore, just newgens. So anyone could have retired and a random player is generated in his place.

Originally posted by sirdez24:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deki_s:

They aren't regens anymore, just newgens. So anyone could have retired and a random player is generated in his place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So this "newgen" is just made up... He's not a regen from any other player that just retired? An 191 WBL retiring let's say from brazil or sth like that, or is his PA as well as all other stats just randomely created?

So this "newgen" is just made up... He's not a regen from any other player that just retired? An 191 WBL retiring let's say from brazil or sth like that, or is his PA as well as all other stats just randomely created?

As far as I know, it could be in place a 17-year-old Chinese player who retired or it could be in place of Wayne Rooney. Completely random.

after playing a few games with actual players, i used this option in my current game and have enjoyed it quite a bit. it does take longer to get into though because everyone is unknown to you, so you have no clue what results to follow, etc.

here's a few observations:

the teams are relatively equal in strength to their actual player counterparts so at least for a while you won't see major surprises.

you can spot some players easily who are basically renamed actual players (i.e. young spanish/serbian forward playing for barca) but not all players are like this. some complete random stars are generated as well, so not all world beaters are players that you would guess.

this might be a bit off since i'm well into my game (2028 now icon_razz.gif ) but i've found that the issue with newgens being "bad" is really nonexistant in these type of games due to basically everyone being a newgen. i need to do some checking, but it feels like the "known players" are generated with specific nationalities rather than being direct copies of who they represent, so everyone is on equal footing if that makes sense.

i find that i prefer this type of game, it just takes considerably longer to get into.

Originally posted by Pio:

after playing a few games with actual players, i used this option in my current game and have enjoyed it quite a bit. it does take longer to get into though because everyone is unknown to you, so you have no clue what results to follow, etc.

here's a few observations:

the teams are relatively equal in strength to their actual player counterparts so at least for a while you won't see major surprises.

you can spot some players easily who are basically renamed actual players (i.e. young spanish/serbian forward playing for barca) but not all players are like this. some complete random stars are generated as well, so not all world beaters are players that you would guess.

this might be a bit off since i'm well into my game (2028 now icon_razz.gif ) but i've found that the issue with newgens being "bad" is really nonexistant in these type of games due to basically everyone being a newgen. i need to do some checking, but it feels like the "known players" are generated with specific nationalities rather than being direct copies of who they represent, so everyone is on equal footing if that makes sense.

i find that i prefer this type of game, it just takes considerably longer to get into.

so the defenders in your game have good jumpings and psysical stats and the forwards are pacey?

relative to the other players in the game yes. point is, it's not comparing newer generated players to "real" players whose stats are already set, it's comparing generated players to other generated players.

Archived