Gaining Sanmarinese Nationality?

Had a brief search in the forum but couldn't see if this had been asked before, so apologies if it has..

I'm playing as San Marino (the C2/B team), and in previous versions players gain Sanmarinese Nationality in a few years. On this file it doesn't seem to be happening, does this happen for everyone or have I changed a setting somewhere? And if it has been removed for some reason, is there any way I can make this return?

Thanks in advance..

Bloody hell... those are some pretty strict naturalization requirements.

To obtain the citizenship it is necessary to renounce any other citizenship and to have effective continued residence for at least 30 years in the territory of the Republic.

Can't see many pro-footballers ever having a long enough career to make the switch, let alone want to give up their original citizenship.

What about Andy Selva?
Selva is hailed as the greatest player in the current San Marino national football team. He has appeared 44 times for the national team and has scored eight goals, making him the leading goalscorer in the history of the team. Tipped as a key player for San Marino, Selva is the only player to have scored a winning goal for San Marino, the only goal of the game against Liechtenstein, which is the only win that San Marino have recorded to date. He is also the only player to score more than one goal for San Marino

Wow.... the record bar is set pretty low for San Marino!

I'm not sure if it applies to Andy Selva but there have been many cases of sportsmen being fast tracked to citizenship especially in gulf states so they can play for the national team. That site doesn't mention another method which happens in other countries for certain (Andorran goalkeeper Koldo got his citizenship this way) which is to marry someone of the nationality. Anyway for all normal purposes its much easier to just put it down in fm as you can't become a San Marino citizen.

But to combat the Arab countries giving citizenship to any passing Brazilian and calling them up to the national squad FIFA now require 5 years continuous residence in the country, when naturalisation takes place. An example from one of my games:

BrianShanahan.png

As it says five years, however this does not affect playing for a country under the "Granny rule".

But to combat the Arab countries giving citizenship to any passing Brazilian and calling them up to the national squad FIFA now require 5 years continuous residence in the country, when naturalisation takes place. An example from one of my games:

BrianShanahan.png

As it says five years, however this does not affect playing for a country under the "Granny rule".

were can i get your skin it looks great :D

• 1 year later...
just off the topic a bit but i do believe san marino do hold the record for quickest ever goal in an international. 12 seconds vs england!!

Davide Gualtieri scored it in a 1-7 defeat, and was actually even quicker than that, at 8.3 seconds.

Archived