How to get fired? (and the consequences)

Basically, I'm about to get fired, my job security with Cardiff City is 28% (precarious). At what % is it likely that they will give me the boot? Is there much chance of me finding a team to manage after this? Or will it take some time?

I'm in a network game with a friend and he's doing alright as Newcastle and doesn't really want to waste the save.

I am not a terribly bad manager, I have had successes in other saves and on previous releases, but I seem to really be struggling on 10.2, my first 5 games of the season always go really well, and then I lose one game and it all deteroriates, currently on a 5 game losing streak.

The aim of this thread however, is to discover what happens when you get fired, what to do after, and at what stage do you get fired?

How easy is it to find a new club? What sort of league should I look to manage? (After failing in first season at a Championship side). My past experience is semi pro footballer, and reputation is national.

Your chances of keeping your current job are imo looking pretty slim, as for life on FM after a sacking I find that after the first time you get sacked you can generally find another team to hire you without much trouble, although in my experience always at a lower level than the club you were fired from and I've always found it gets more difficult to keep your job after a sacking. How I usually go about getting myself back into employment after the sack is to just go on holiday indefinitely and make sure I have 'apply for all jobs' ticked in the holiday options. Hope this info was useful to you.

Your chances of keeping your current job are imo looking pretty slim, as for life on FM after a sacking I find that after the first time you get sacked you can generally find another team to hire you without much trouble, although in my experience always at a lower level than the club you were fired from and I've always found it gets more difficult to keep your job after a sacking. How I usually go about getting myself back into employment after the sack is to just go on holiday indefinitely and make sure I have 'apply for all jobs' ticked in the holiday options. Hope this info was useful to you.

Thanks a lot, a lot of help, just hopefully can get one immediately without going on holiday, don't want to have to wait for ages (my friend will still play so time will barely pass!)

Playing 4-3-3 at the moment, based on the Barcelona formation.. have suitable players for it so I'm going to try and stick it out, keep having high goals games but just losing by one goal!

Edit: How do I ask for more time?

In all reality I should be close to the sack in my Legia save. I'm miles off the pace in 5th place and recently got played off the park by the bottom team but somehow managing to scrape a 2-2 draw. I'm sitting pretty on 52% though which is nice. I've already been below 45% once but managed to pull it back after going unbeaten for about 7 games.

yeah i havnt seen it.

Also surely the best solution would be to just retire and re-add yourself as cardiff manager so you can pick up where you left off. Ive done this in a game where i had built half a squad and was gutted at not having the chance to conitnue it due to other mistakes. Its no great loss.

If you hover the mouse over it it tells you your percentage.

I think they should ditch those bars, its not very realistic, especially when it seems to reset every season.

Archived