Player interaction / media / player behaviour

These aspects are about the only things that I dislike about FM10. Please share your view on this and maybe add your thoughts on how this part of the game could be improved.

Note: I don't expect all my players to behave perfectly, but at least the professional ones could be a bit more, well, professional.

-> If a player is unhappy with something, he should first tell ME, not the media. Of course, some players first adress the media in real life, too, but at least my professionals should speak to me first! And then I can only respond to my players via the media. Surely I should be able to speak to them in private?

-> Why do players decide that they need to move to a bigger club just after a transfer period? I could do fine with players that come to me (in private) and issue the request to move to a bigger club in July or maybe even January. But instead, some of my no-brainers talk to the media on the 1st of February and disrupt my squad harmony. How do they expect to leave the club immediately? They are first-teamers, so lack of first team matches is no reason here.

-> Players don't agree if they get warned for missing training? Come on, this has been discussed a thousand times.

-> I want to be able to talk more to my players. If my Ass man advises me that a player is unhappy about the lack of first team football, I should be able to tell the player the reasons why he doesn't play or how he can apply for a place before he addresses the media.

-> If a player can't settle in, I should be able to ask a player with the same nationality to look after the problem-player. Of course, this shouldn't always work and depend on the player's characters.

-> If a player feels he has been treated unfairly, you should be able to apologise. This may reduce the player's unhappiness but can also undermine your authority.

to be continued

I agree there should be more playing interaction, especially with unhappy players. Right now an unhappy player is something you're stuck with if you don't want to make him happy by giving him a new contract.

I hate that I have to find out everything through the media and that player don't come to me with their troubles (and suggestions).

I just have to post again because the behaviour of some of my players is freaking me out and this is really the only thing that I detest about the game.

-> Two of my players think they should move to a bigger club. Fine. So they get transfer listed by request. Some months later, they decide they don't want to leave the club anymore according to their profile, but I can't take them off the transfer list either as they haven't requested to be taken off.

-> Professional captains should be less likely to be unsettled by transfer offers from other clubs during the season.

-> First team players shouldn't be deeply unhappy just because they have a personality clash with a youth player.

Archived