less funds after winning top league, than just after promotion?

ye.. im bit baffled.. my season 2 just ended,

First season playing as random club in L2 ( France) media predictions 8th spot. i won .

Second season.. boom 16mln transfer budget for top mid table finish.. thats fine.

Media predictions 16th spot.. just avoid relegations.. to my surprise i won L1 and by whooping 15~points margin.. ( thats another story of success ).

In any way, in my second season i replaced half my squad with free transfer that were better than old squad, due to my success in first season while playing in l2 my players had plenty of value and i sold most of them, then i proceeded singing few players, for around 15.5 mln 3.5 mln and 3~mln in total that was around 23mln spent for new players.

In the end i had 20mln (and thats all with wage slider on maximum) from 16 i started, i was floating in money for club of my stature, reason i didnt spend rest of the money cuz no decent player wanted to join me ( apart brazilians or argentinians , but there is 4 foreign rule) .

At the end of season i signed new gk for 8mln and my budged dropped to 12mln ( still maxed wages ) , since French transfer window starts in middle of June and not start of July, it still counts as old transfer season transfer .

So imagine my shock when third season started and i got 20 mln transfer budged even if i chose to win the league.

Dnd to rub it in.. those 20 mln was maxed in transfers opposite of my previous slider on max wages ( meaning i had more than 12mln left if i wanted ), in reality i got nothing, apart that i can increase wage budged more.

How can this freaking happen ?

s1.. having 11k~attendance 1.3mln for winning l2 no other bonuses

s2.. 13mln for tv rights filling 22k~ stadium ( and thats its max capacity ) 13.5 mln for winning L1 , new sponsor 1.1mln per year

s3 start 13.7 mln for tv rights.. ( which is surprisingly almost same as s2.. and this season my predictions are 4th. spot)

In reality this just doesn't compute at all for me.. and club wont even expand stadium.. bah.

Anyone else got hit by this **** missile after some great success?

Yep, I'm managing Hayes & Yeading United, now in our third EPL season in a row, I finished third the preivous season with a starting transfer budget of €10M, this season I got only €19M for the transfer budget, and the board accpeted to expand the stadium only by 1000 extra seats despite the fact that I've spared money from the previous seasons and the balance was of around €38M.

Seems like my board doesn't really bother to do what it would take to stay in the EPL, except keeping me as their manager; I don't have much transfer budget to build a strong team, but the morons don't even spend the money on 10'000 extra seats or something to help the club get some cash. I'm playing in my third season in a stadium that will only have 4750 seaters by 1.1.2016 (mid of current season), where FMRTE shows that the average attendance should be above 18'000 spectators. With such attendance I would expect the board to either hugely invest the cash in expanding the stadium or give me the money to buy seasoned players.

But nope, so I've spent the €19M on prominisg u18 player I've scouted, offered new 5 years contracts to all of my players and now I'm in red by €5M mid-october. If my board doesn't feel the need to seriously improve the clubs' facilities, then I take the risk to ruin my club and game as the only real wealth my club has now is the value of my players. I'll probably have to sell some players by January or take the risk to finish the season with high spending and hope that the season results will save me from being sacked.

I've just checked my chairman's stats:

- Business: 20 (at least he won't be dumb enough to sell my best players for a 10th of their value)

- Interference: 5 (good he leaves me manage the club)

- Patience: 15 (good for me, less risk of being sacked)

- Resources: 6 (hmm, didn't you and your mates picked up around €15M from the balance when you just invested €2.5M when we were in the red? Couldn't that money help expanding the stadium little greedy bast..?)

- Ambition: 10 (ok I got it, you're not that ambitious as it would take to remain in the EPL)

Which French League two club gets 16 million transfer budget in the first season? Have you edited the db?

did you forgot to take reading lessons? i said second season.. after i got promoted.. i had 900k when i started game..

So you have a budget of £20m? Sounds about right to me for a French L1 outfit that isn't Lyon.

This is £4m higher than the budget for the previous season? 2nd season in the top flight and after (what may be a flash in the pan one off success) a league win that again sounds about right.

I don't understand why you feel you should get more money? Sounds to me that your chairman is quite sensible. He's given you a decent amount of cash and you've delivered a promotion and a title. Well done you, however you've probably been too succesful because he probably looks at what you've done and thought to himself 'we've got a title winning squad so I'll just let the manager top it up with either one quality player or 3 or 4 decent ones.'

Surely you know by now that having transfer budget left at the end of the season doesn't get carried over to the next one and as pointed out by someone else you may have a poor balance. Mortgaging the club to sign players gets you nowhere, except division 3, just ask Leeds fans.

Also don't think there is any need for you to swear, completely unneccessary, its not big or clever and doesn't make you look cool.

Calm down, with your grammar and sentence structure I wouldn't go criticising so easily.

And about your original point. The board presumably spent the money to allow you to establish yourself in the league, but once money is gone, it's gone. They're going to spend what is realistic, not just keep increasing for the sake of it.

did you forgot to take reading lessons? i said second season.. after i got promoted.. i had 900k when i started game..

You have the audacity to abuse someone about their reading abilities? Try using some grammar, capitals for things like the beginning of sentences and 'I' etc, then you can start talking about reading ability. Until then please be quiet because reading your posts is very hard work.

So you have a budget of £20m? Sounds about right to me for a French L1 outfit that isn't Lyon.

This is £4m higher than the budget for the previous season? 2nd season in the top flight and after (what may be a flash in the pan one off success) a league win that again sounds about right.

I don't understand why you feel you should get more money? Sounds to me that your chairman is quite sensible. He's given you a decent amount of cash and you've delivered a promotion and a title. Well done you, however you've probably been too succesful because he probably looks at what you've done and thought to himself 'we've got a title winning squad so I'll just let the manager top it up with either one quality player or 3 or 4 decent ones.'

Surely you know by now that having transfer budget left at the end of the season doesn't get carried over to the next one and as pointed out by someone else you may have a poor balance. Mortgaging the club to sign players gets you nowhere, except division 3, just ask Leeds fans.

Also don't think there is any need for you to swear, completely unneccessary, its not big or clever and doesn't make you look cool.

i had 600k when my first season ended.. i started with 16mln.. ( picking top middle table finish )

i had 12mln when my season 2 ended.. i started with 20mln when season 3 started ( picking winners )

and transfer budged does transfer over.. checked my self in previous saves.. do you think i can get 150 mln transfer budget with roma in single season ?

my chairman just declared that club made 47mln profit last season.. whooping 54% increase of last one.. yet i get just 8 mln.. instead of 16 before.. WOOPYDO

dont you see the problem?

Transfer budgets do not 'carry over'. Naturally if you don't spend it, there will be more balance, so you will have higher budget, but that does not mean it carries over directly.

Roma are in financial trouble, so I doubt you would get 147 million within 10 years! But I really don't understand what you're getting at?

If you read the posts by InterWolf and myself you will see that your situation is perfectly explainable, maybe annoying for the manager but fully realistic and believable. You can always show him what you think of his budget and get yourself a new club.

And finally just in case it was difficult - budgets DO NOT carry over.

Roma are in financial trouble, so I doubt you would get 147 million within 10 years! But I really don't understand what you're getting at?

i have 171 mln balance with roma in my 2016 save..

If you read the posts by InterWolf and myself you will see that your situation is perfectly explainable, maybe annoying for the manager but fully realistic and believable. You can always show him what you think of his budget and get yourself a new club.

And finally just in case it was difficult - budgets DO NOT carry over.

thats quite ********.. that cant be like this irl.. there are reason why managers decide they wont spend that extra 10mln they have at winter transfer window, to save the money, why cant this be the case here. anyway.. seems like i will be spending all i have every season now

i have 171 mln balance with roma in my 2016 save..

thats quite ********.. that cant be like this irl.. there are reason why managers decide they wont spend that extra 10mln they have at winter transfer window, to save the money, why cant this be the case here. anyway.. seems like i will be spending all i have every season now

It is like that in real life, if the financial status of the club changes, so will the transfer budget. If you spend everything you have regardless of your clubs balance you might well bankrupt it.

Archived