steam and in the shops

ok i havent had the money to buy fm until now (christmas etc) but i have now, but not being fond of steam i wondered if someone could help.

No doubt this has been asked hundreds of times but even with a search i could not find any answers to my specifc question.

I can buy fm cheaper in the shops than through steam but its harder to update,i presume. The demo i have through steam. So question is if i buy in the shops can i play the game via steam or is that too complicated? i am just thinking of easy updates etc. Oh and to try save a tenner

Yes you can, I believe you have to enter your activation code into steam so you get the automatic patches as we are now on Patch 10.2 which gets rid of a lot of the early problems but as I downloaded though steam, I may only be partly right but there are loads of threads about this problem that I have seen on these forums.

I can buy fm cheaper in the shops than through steam but its harder to update,i presume. The demo i have through steam. So question is if i buy in the shops can i play the game via steam or is that too complicated? i am just thinking of easy updates etc. Oh and to try save a tenner

I've never used Steam as it frightens me. I'm currently playing version 10.2 and it was easy as pie to update. Just had to download the patch from somewhere and let the auto-extract do it's thing. easy peasy.

I can barely remember doing it, so I would say it was easy!! I don't remember any major headaches or problems... Just bought it, chucked the DVD in the drive and away we went...

I use steam a lot and it is very easy to download FM through it. Just download steam, enter your code into steam (it'll say how in the box)<- has to be a new copy NOT USED. it'll come up with a pop up with the size of the file and how much spAace you have and just press download. EASY

Patching is easy on a disc copy though so it does not matter to much.

Hope I helped.

blinding thanks for advice. with regards to buying it then installing via steam how easy/difficult is that?

When you install via the DVD you get two options provided your computer is connected to the internet whilst installing you should get a box like that below:

fm10activation1.jpg

If you select the Steam option it should then install via Steam and you'll just need to follow any on-screen prompts that appear.

Archived