FM 10 knowing stuff

Have a read through this thread and the download to give you a better understanding of tactics in the game.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=159310

Also i recomend starting your first few saves managing one of the bigger teams, E.G. Man U, Real Madrid and the like, to give you a better understanding of the game in general.

wat about starting off with a really good made up team... would that work?

Well yes. Not very realistic, but each to their own. I quite often do a save with me and my mates, brothers, cousins, etc playing for a team.

It quite often gets boring after a while though.

Hi, Cowtoe- welcome to the forums

You would be best to go to the Tactics forum and read all the main threads at the top of that forum and the FAQ as there are many helpful threads for tips.

P.S Please dont use text speak on the forums as many users do not have English as their native tongue and do not understand- thanks.

Hello mister crouchaldinho

Kk means ok. Some black people in ghetto say kk to each other instead of simple ok. That is why it is kk.

Thankyou

Hello

'Some black people in ghetto'

LMFAO

That is all.

Thankyou

Never use pleased as a half time team talk...

Yes, in situations where you may want to say 'pleased' to your players.....dont! Use 'none' instead, it's a perfectly valid team talk.

Also, don't be scared about the depth of the game. It can sometimes get too much, even for an oldie like me but especially for a newbie! Any questions have probably been asked and answered on here many times before, so dont be afraid to look :)

Yes, in situations where you may want to say 'pleased' to your players.....dont! Use 'none' instead, it's a perfectly valid team talk.

Also, don't be scared about the depth of the game. It can sometimes get too much, even for an oldie like me but especially for a newbie! Any questions have probably been asked and answered on here many times before, so dont be afraid to look :)

Sorry but pleased does work as a teamtalk you just need to know the right situations to use it in.

Oh, and if you need to know anything ask Cougar2010 as anything he doesn't know isn't worth knowing. There are a few actually, Crouchaldinho, Peter-evo, Hershie, NepentheZ, me ;). The guys from SI and the mods are pretty helpful aswell.

Edit - There are a few more but there names escape me right now :)

Ok, i'll elaborate on it. DONT use it if your 2-0 up at HT. DONT use it if your winning against a team you are favoured to beat.

Why not?

I use it successfully in just those conditions.

You have to take the game into context though and understand how your players will react.

I've got time so I'll expand some more:

Do we deserve to be leading 2-0? - I'll use pleased if the performance has earned it, if not I would probably go "None"

Doing well against better opposition (Drawing or leading) - Again if I feel the team are playing well I'll use pleased.

Looking at the individual players some get complacent - Make note give individual talk if it happens a lot.

Younger players and/or nervous players benefit as it lowers the pressure on them and allows them to relax so they can play.

I would agree its one of the more difficult ones to judge and when you take over a team you need to play around trying to find how players react.

Why not?

I use it successfully in just those conditions.

You have to take the game into context though and understand how your players will react.

Thats part of the problem though. If your new to the game then there is a lot to take in anyway, let alone extra levels of what is hidden behind team talks.

edit - You've just covered it :(

Thats part of the problem though. If your new to the game then there is a lot to take in anyway, let alone extra levels of what is hidden behind team talks.

edit - You've just covered it :(

Point taken :)

I'm not sure I would like to be starting now with everything to take in.

Archived