Doing it for the kids...

Hi,

I am currently managing with a view promote youth from within etc. I think that in order for my players to achieve their potential I need to improve a couple of things:

1. I regularly use tutoring but never to any avail. At the end of a tutorage I usually get a "Gained nothing" message. My latest came back as "a little dissapointed with what he managed to gain". Another I had recently was that there was a personality clash between the two which affected both of their confidence. Anyway this is surely no way to improve mental stats and I'm obviously missing the pointers. What should I be looking for in a suitable tutor?

2. I often loan out my more promising younger players at the age of 17-19 if they cant get into my squad already and I make sure that I only accept offers from clubs who want them as first team so they get the most matches out of the loan period. What is the best indicator I can look for, before a player goes out on loan, that he have the best chance of gaining something from the experience?

if ur not using such programs as genie or frmte to check potential and hidden stats such as professionalism and ambition , you never know if your regen have any potential, ingame rating system is nothing but a bust..

That's not really true. They make it easier, but (for me at least) also less enjoyable.

I'd like to help you with these questions but I'm afraid I struggle with the same things.

For tutors I like to look at determination and I also have a look at the player's personality (of both, actually) and determination.

And as for loans, I do the same as you - only loan them out if they'll become a valuable member. They can mope around on my bench as well. Try to pick the team with the best training facilities.

thats a good point i never look at the facilities at the clubs they are being loaned to. will do in future, thanks!

i dont use the genie scout. just my normal non-genie scouts. i know they make mistakes but for me its part of the game (just spent 3m on a kid who looks like a dud), these things are definately realistic.

also i have just checked and the players who had a personality clash earlier this season and they have a "professional" and "fairly professional" personality which makes me think this doesnt have a lot to do with how succesful a tutorage will be?

Archived