Players not returning to clubs after loans!!!!!!

Oh, is this an old problem? I was going to start a thread about it.

I've sent a bunch of players out on loan, but two of my youngsters, though they're "blue" and unavailable to me don't register in my "players on loan" list in the transfer centre and I can't seem to recall them even though that was a part of the loan agreement.

Judging from the above poster, they may never return...? Well that's a bit crap...

this bug was already reported tons of times...this bug happens if the loan is made when your transfer window has closed but the transfer window from the other club is still active. it actually screws the player since he won't be able to play for any team...way to go SI.

I have the same problem with Romário Leiria in Sport Club Internacional, loaned to Argentino Juniors from and never came back. After EIGHTEEN months, i need to cheat and use FMRTE to have my average defender back to Beira-Rio

How did you do that? I can't even get my players back with FMRTE as it says they're currently only contracted to my team - no mention of their loan contracts.

I've tried swapping them out to different clubs and then swapping them back, but they come back to my squad the same as they were before - blued-out players current on loan. Seemingly for ever more.

Gutted. My two brightest prospects lost to a programming glitch, and my long-term save-game pretty much ruined as a result.

It's my own fault for playing the game. From past experience, I usually put off buying FM until it's been out for about six months and it actually isn't a bug-riddled waste of time. But someone bought me it for Christmas, and I saw they were already up to the second patch and figured it probably wouldn't be too bad...

you cant recall if you didnt selected to be able to recall,

you might offered player out for loan for few millions like i do.. you usually get half clubs offering you 1/5 of what you want.. and then saying they will buy player for xxx money at the end of the season.. for all i know you never noticed that.. and they bought it..

then there is minimal fee release. some regens have them.. and those are easy to beat with small transfer ( offer new contract to your regen and make sure there is no release clause )

apart that cant say i had it myself..

in any way, post your save here or pm it to me.. im pretty sure i can figure it out

Anyone who has FMRTE can try setting there loan players minimum release clause to 0, a club should bid shortly after, then once they have officially been transfered you can swap the player for a crap u18 player or something, i know its long but thats the only way i managed to work around it.

• 4 months later...

At least in FM 2009 you can also swap him right away with a player from your squad, who then becomes MIA. I had this problem with 3 players, two world class and one wonderkid. And yes I have too many players, if I loan out world class footballers.

In my case, for it to work properly, I chose a crappy 17-year-old player with a full time contract and moved him to first squad (at first he was in under 19's but for some reason I couldn't move the missing player to first squad after the swap or b for that matter. He was in the first squad list of players but the information bar stated that he was in under 19's. Go figure. Also if the crappy has a youth contract, the missing one will also, which could lead to problems. Better play it safe).

After the dirty business I swapped my limbo player and voila he was playable and crappy was not. Then I edited crappy's contract so that I could release him on a free for free. Being a lawyer and all, cheating, I mean bending, I mean interpreting the rules is all well and good not to mention healthy. :D

Archived