10.2 patch

ok so im not very technical minded so go easy. i have the game fm2010 installed and have spent 2 hours downloading and renaming the 10.2 patch but i can not get it into my game every time i try and load up a new game it says version 10.0 now iv'e gone through preferences/display and sound etc but to no avail please help me.

Seems like something is going wrong. What version of the game are you playing? Steam, digital download or just (like me) with ye good ole DVD in the drive? And have you downloaded the right patch for your version?

hi mate thanks for reply. i have the dvd in drive and have downloaded the boxed version is this correct? im getting very frustrated!

hi mate thanks for reply. i have the dvd in drive and have downloaded the boxed version is this correct? im getting very frustrated!

That's what I did, so that should be right. Does the patch run at all if you open it? How big is the patch you've downloaded?

As tomer said it depends on which type of game you have. If you have installed via steam then it patches itself but im guessing because your not technically minded you just have the DVD.

If this is the case you need to make sure you have downloaded the correct patch. It should be called something like 10.2_Patch_Boxed.

Download this patch and save it to your desktop (or wherever is easy for you to find it).

After you have done this locate the patch on your computer. If you double click it and it asks you what program you would like to use to open it then cancell. You need to add .exe to the end of the filename. eg. if the patch is called 10.2_Patch_Boxed, change it to 10.2_Patch_Boxed.exe

If this works when you double click the patch a box should appear to patch the game. Just follow the onscreen instructions. If you have installed to the default directory you should only have to keep pressing next and everything will be fine.

When it had patched just run your game as normal and it should now be version 10.2.

Hope this helps

no it does'nt do anything at all mate?

Okay, so you double-click and nothing at all happens?

Could you check how big the patch you've downloaded is? I should be 175MB. Maybe something went wrong in the downloading process.

As tomer said it depends on which type of game you have. If you have installed via steam then it patches itself but im guessing because your not technically minded you just have the DVD.

If this is the case you need to make sure you have downloaded the correct patch. It should be called something like 10.2_Patch_Boxed.

Download this patch and save it to your desktop (or wherever is easy for you to find it).

After you have done this locate the patch on your computer. If you double click it and it asks you what program you would like to use to open it then cancell. You need to add .exe to the end of the filename. eg. if the patch is called 10.2_Patch_Boxed, change it to 10.2_Patch_Boxed.exe

If this works when you double click the patch a box should appear to patch the game. Just follow the onscreen instructions. If you have installed to the default directory you should only have to keep pressing next and everything will be fine.

When it had patched just run your game as normal and it should now be version 10.2.

Hope this helps

thanks very much for your help mate i had renamed it wrong so i copied and pasted what you put and hey presto its worked nice one wish everyone on here was so helpful!!!

Archived