players wanting to leave....

im in my 3rd season and i have cristian zapata at center back. hes scored 6 goals in the league and hes in top form.

now hes saying he wants to leave because he wants to further his career at a better club. the strange thing is that im sitting pretty at the top of the prem.

i told him to stay and he wont back down over it.

what is the suggested thing to do? sell him or keep telling him to stay?

If he still has a few years left on his contract, keep him, as he'll eventually calm down. If, however, his contract's almost up, sell him now, as it's better to get some money in for him, rather than let him leave on a free.

cheers. it happened with suarez in the second season, but that was because everton wanted him. then david moyes appeared on his fave personnel. i got him to stay after a while. offered him a new contract.

but this one seems different i dont feel i should play him while he is in this frame of mind but that will make him want to leave more i suspect. but if i play him he will more than likely underperform.

I just had this happen to me too. I'm Man City in 2012 and we did the double last season (prem and F.A cup), but Sakho and Robinho have both handed in transfer requests as they feel they need to move to a bigger club, might sell Robinho since he's 28 and on a massive 200k a week wages (although he was fans player of the season last year, so am expecting a backlash if I do let him leave). sakho though has been told he's going nowhere as he's 22 and has 3 years left on his contract, (just wish he'd stop getting red cards and silly 1 and 2 week injuries all the time).:mad:

I just had this problem a couple of hours ago; my 20 years old wonderkid MC has been the target of Roma at the beginning of the season, and 1 week before the end of the transfer window, he feels he achieved all he could at the club and wants to move to a bigger club. A couple of days after, he wants to be transfer listed and no way to convince him to stay.

So I reloaded and asked him if he can tell me the name of a player he recommends, this seemed to work but still not enough to extend his contract. So the next day I asked him if he could recommend a player from his national team. The player took it well and he agreed to sign a new 5 years contract and no more signs of him wanting to move to a bigger club anymore.

EDIT: PS: You obviously don't need to sign the player he recommends for this to work

Archived