Do inconsistent players ever become, more, well.... CONSISTENT?!

I've played all the FM's for years now, and one thing has bugged me since the arrival of mentioning if your youth (and other) players are inconsistent - and that is do they ever 'learn' consistency?

Obviously if a player is about 28 years old and near the peak of his career, yet you are warned in his report he is inconsistent I fully understand he is unlikely to change. However, with your youth players who regularly get described as being inconsistent performers, I wondered do they ever get out of that and developed into consistent players?

Anyone seen any evidence of it? I haven't as I normally don't buy any players who are inconsistent as a rule, and if youngsters are mentioned as being so I simply don't offer them a pro deal unless they're staggeringly good.

They did last year.

I had several youngsters lose their inconsistency when they played regularly for the first team.

With consistency being a hidden skill rated between 1 & 20 this means they can improve but I don't know by how much. It could be the youngsters I saw were already close to the borderline and 1 or 2 points was enough to lose the tag.

Not sure about tutoring but it definitely does improve with first team experience and age. I had a youngster who was inconsistent and he eventually lost the coach report about him being inconsistent. Also, I had an older player who gained the coach report about being consistent and he definitely didn't have it before.

I'm pretty sure someone proved that these hidden attributes do improve with playing time and experience in the game. Someone who uses the in-game live editor will no doubt be able to confirm this.

Archived