football manager 2010 patch problem

can anybody help as i cant patch using either of the patches and it's very frustrating

What exactly are you doing, and what isnt working? and what version of the game do you have?

I have the boxed version and i try to install either patch and it says process is already running when it gets to the fm.exe bit, but it isnt running, ive tried uninstalling the game, turning off virus protection when installing the patch

im having a simlair problem, ill run you through what i do, hopefully you can see what im doing wrong:

last month - purchased 2010 fm from Game

installed it from the disk not stream

Click to download patch - save it to desktop

when its finished, double click it - comes up with 'unable to find program to run it etc'

have tried .exe at the end and opening it with football manager program, which worked but in preferences still said 10.00, wtf!

im having a simlair problem, ill run you through what i do, hopefully you can see what im doing wrong:

last month - purchased 2010 fm from Game

installed it from the disk not stream

Click to download patch - save it to desktop

when its finished, double click it - comes up with 'unable to find program to run it etc'

have tried .exe at the end and opening it with football manager program, which worked but in preferences still said 10.00, wtf!

You shouldnt be "opening it WITH" anything. it has a self-extractor, so should run on its own.

Which patch was it, 10.2? and definitely downloaded the "boxed" version of the patch ?

yeah but i will try again just to make sure

could be completely pointless, but... download the patch, and then reboot the pc. that way you know nothing else is running. then try and patch FM and see if it works...

Braver > do you have winzip (or similar) installed? If you do, tell the patch to "open with" win zip, extract it, then run it...

laxxz > i'm sorry but I can't find any solutions for your problem atm...

• 3 weeks later...

ive been reading what you ladz have been writting and i still am having the same problem as Braver, this is getting so frustrating, partly because of my lack of knowledge on how to download the patch and the fact that i dont have patience with things like this..

Any help would be greatly appreciated on how to finally make the wrongs, rights with consideration to this problem

cheers.

Archived