Formation advice from Assistant Manager

I'n new to the game having got FM 2010 for christmas.

I've been through my first season as Sheffield Wednesday and am currently in December in season 2. I changed my formation at the beginning of the season and don't seem to be playing as well as I'd hoped.

My question is this, at the beginning of the season the assistant manager suggested formations that would suit my squad, i ignored him thinking I know best but want to know if I can ask him for formation suggestions based on squad?

I know I can ask him for the best players to suit my chosen formation but want formation advice, or am I simply being too impatient? How long should a new formation and instruictions take my squad to learn? I'm currently sitting 13th in the championship.

It varies. Sometimes they'll get it in a few games, other times in a few months.

I do think ongoing formation feedback may be useful for some users. However, may I suggest it is more likely to be to do with the finer details of your tactic than your formation?

What I would like is a history of backroom advice, like the media Q&A history. Sometimes I click to through the advice then want to go back to it later, formations a good example. Ass Men give good tactical adivce if they have good tactical knowledge stat.

If unsure about formations (which I am always) the best option is to go for 442 and buy players to suit.

What I would like is a history of backroom advice, like the media Q&A history. Sometimes I click to through the advice then want to go back to it later, formations a good example. Ass Men give good tactical adivce if they have good tactical knowledge stat.

If unsure about formations (which I am always) the best option is to go for 442 and buy players to suit.

Thanks for the help, an archive would be a good idea as like you say I tend to flick through them rather than reading them all individually

Archived