have you ever done an Owen Coyle?

simples really, have you ever moved from one team to move the other that is basicly at the same level?

back in 2008 i started at me beloved spurs and done 3 seasons without really improving them, so i gave up on that and as i started my reputation as contental i figured that i couldve got a higher and better job, however i got bored with just being unemployed for 6 months and i went to Newcastle, who were at the same stature at the time.

so have you done the same as me or Owen Coyle?

Closest I've had is finally getting Dumbarton into the SPL after maybe 8/9 seasons, and then halfway through (despite doing quite well) deciding that league was nothing special, and switching to Wolves who were a mid-table Championship side.

Turned out to be pretty shrewd, as I got Wolves promoted in my first full season and then made them a top-half PL side, before FM10 demo came out.

You can hardly blame Coyle for leaving the inbreds for Bolton really, but yes, I've moved from Blackpool in the championship to Leeds in League One (the exact same move that Simon Grayson made in real life I believe). So thats a level down, rather than same level.

You can hardly blame Coyle for leaving the inbreds for Bolton really, but yes, I've moved from Blackpool in the championship to Leeds in League One (the exact same move that Simon Grayson made in real life I believe). So thats a level down, rather than same level.

Honestly i find people from Bolton are more inbred! Walking through the ADSA next to the Reebok before the Newcastle match last year was like walking through a scene from village of the damned.

On topic, im a one club man generally apart from career saves. On 1 last year i got Gateshead to the premier league and jumped across to Newcastle.

I'm a Stockport fan. I hate B**nley. They should replace Coyle with Carlton Palmer. Never would there have been a more apt club-manager relationship!

How did the fans react to that move? I wonder if a rivalry would have built up between those two as Gateshead moved up the leagues. I know this tends not to happen in FM, but irl it probably would. The grounds are only a mile or so apart, but the Tyne is in the way making it seem longer, and two PL clubs within that distance would surely carry some kind of rivalry.

Yep. If it was a club I loved. Sometimes (usually) I have to take a step back to manage my favourite club.

Same for him, he loves bolton and from the sounds of it has took burnley as far as he thought they could go because of wage budgets or whatever.

On FM09 I took Cardiff into the Premiership, but there simply wasn't enough money to build on the team. Being given 2M £ as a war chest for Premiership survival certainly didn't put me in the best of moods to be certain.

So got offered the job and took over at Aston Villa who'd been relegated to the Championship and fired MON in the summer break. I am a Villa fan in real life and also had them as my favourite team in the game so I felt the fans ought to understand... I got Villa to automatic promotion in 1st place (as I should since only Young left the team) and Cardiff went down that season, so yeah...

As a Leeds fan I have on a number of occasions dropped divisions to take over Leeds when I see that they are doing badly. I just can't help myself. I remember on FM08 I had managed Lincoln City to the Championship and then took over at Tottenham. I had 3 seasons at spurs winning everything but the Champions League. Moved to Real Madrid and made them into the most invincible team I have ever managed for 5 years. I then noticed that Leeds were soon to be relegated from the Championship and so when the vacancy became available I had to leave the easy life and try to rescue my beloved club from another dark age. I managed to do it on the last day of the season and the rest, as they say, is history!!lol

Archived