Staff Meeting

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I get messages from my assman saying that I've not held a staff meeting since.....

I check their advice prior to every match...though I usually ignore it plus I check my pep talks after each and every match.

Still I get these messages about not meeting with them. Is there something to 'formally' select that constitutes a staff meeting?

Yes. Go to your squad screen, and at the top left the third tab along says "Backroom Advice". That's how to hold a staff meeting.

Yup. Make sure you don't do it on match days though, since it will give you the pre-match advice meeting.

I know where backroom advice is located. I visit often. For instance, I visited "Backroom advice" on the 15th of January had a match on January 16th, visited on the 17th. later in the day on the 17th the assman says I haven't met with the staff since January 3rd.

I get the message before every game, but most of the time when I go to the screen it's blank. It's like the assman has said "Hey gaffer, meet us behind the lockers at 3" and when I go into the backroom they're all hiding in the toilet! Is there a hidden attribute for 'practical joker'??

• 2 weeks later...

ok, it doesn't matter how often I visit backroom advice. Once a month I get that message from my assman that I've not held a meeting. Is this some joke within the game? Other than clicking on backroom advice on a non match preview situation, is there something you're supposed to do to convene a staff meeting? I've been selecting backroom advice EVERY day and I still get told no meeting for 3 weeks.

ok, this is off-topic, but.........I just had one of the most interesting games ever in soccer management sims. I have a good friend with whom I have played countless seasons in ChampMan for the early 90s on. He always says "the game cheats." He's convinced. He'll save before big games. I just play a season as long as time permits without saving...win, lose, or draw. The game cheats!

Ok in the Spanish Cup, I lose to Barcelona at their place 2-1. It was a VERY even game, so I'm thinking I have a chance at home in leg #2. I go 1-0 and am dominating the game. In the 77th minute I lose a defender to an injury in the text. Before the game stops, Barcelona gets a breakaway. The defender that was injured was, yes you guessed it, man-marking their one forward Bojan. My other defender was on zonal and stopper (should have been cover I guess). He's no where to be seen. Bojan scores AND THEN THE GAME STOPS FOR ME TO DEAL WITH THE INJURY!!!!!!!!!!!! The game cheats. I score again to tie on aggregate. Then in extra time Rafa Marquez gets a 2nd yellow card. Another Barca player gets injured and their down to 9. I get the go ahead goal on aggregate at 116. Then at 120:30 Barca scores. Bojan again. Disallowed...offsides. Sheesh. Never seen anything like that before in ChampMan or FM. I'm exhausted. I need a beer. Pint of bitter anyone? Abbott Ale is prefered.

ok, similar instance. AGAIN against Barca. I'm up 1-0 at their place for league. I'm dominating. Metzelder goes down...AGAIN to an injury. I'm watchin only key plays. 85th minute they sub in Henry and before I can get instructions in to my players...beautiful pass from Inesta splitting the 2 central defenders...Henry with the finish. Sublime is what comes to mind. Ends in tie 1-1. Barca got 1 shot on goal in the game. That was it. funny game. I got last laugh though. I won the league, secured thanks to some help from a 3-1 Barca loss to Osasuna at the Camp Nou no less.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I STILL get these messages about not holding a staff meeting. I check them every break in the game. Is there any detriment to getting these messages about not meeting? Hurt morale, etc??? Also, is there any danger from 'dismissing' advice? I usually don't agree with my coaches.

I started out unemployed and got a position in the brazillian lower leagues. My Assman gives me a message to like he's concerned cos we haven't had a meeting in two weeks.

I click the Backroom meeting button.

He's my only coach!

What meeting - it's just you and me mate and you've got no advice :D

I started out unemployed and got a position in the brazillian lower leagues. My Assman gives me a message to like he's concerned cos we haven't had a meeting in two weeks.

I click the Backroom meeting button.

He's my only coach!

What meeting - it's just you and me mate and you've got no advice :D

lol, typical Assman:p

Archived