For best results... ask assistant - then ignore him!!!

I dont know if this is just me, but after a hefty late session last night, I found that my results are better if I ask the assistant for a half time team talk then change what he says.

For example:

If I'm a goal up and he says 'pleased' change it to 'encourage' and I'll win by 2 or more. If he says 'encourage' change it to 'pleased' and the same will happen. Leve it to his suggestion and I'll lose or draw... or maybe steal a 1-0 win but I'm lucky in those cases.

Of course this could just be coincidence or my mind wondering as it was late at night.

Has anyone noticed anything similar or got a winning team talk routine.

I don't understand why should one encourage his players when they are winning. However, this seems to be the only constant suggestion. Anyway, I never follow ass advice either and it's true. I ask first and then don't do it

I read in a thread on here a while ago about the team talk "none", pre game and at half time and have used it considearably more often since with consistent success. So if none of the options available seem right for the situation, then "none " may well be the answer.

I don't understand why should one encourage his players when they are winning. However, this seems to be the only constant suggestion. Anyway, I never follow ass advice either and it's true. I ask first and then don't do it

If you're winning by just a 1 goal lead, a little encouragement can go a long way to score that second and maybe third.

I read in a thread on here a while ago about the team talk "none", pre game and at half time and have used it considearably more often since with consistent success. So if none of the options available seem right for the situation, then "none " may well be the answer.

I will usually use 'none' when we're winning by 2 or more at half time.

I will usually use 'none' when we're winning by 2 or more at half time.

Don't some players get upset? I remember in previous versions if I forgot a team talk and left it at none then the players would be mad that I didn't give them direction. I still want an option for "throw boot at head" when we're losing because my CB gave away 2 penalties.

After using the team talks for a while when first introduced in 06, I set them to be done by the ass man by default, because I wasn't sure what would be a good thing to say when. Early on in the calender year (in the game) I decided to start doing them myself again. I already had a strong (even dominant as I'd done the past 3 titles and was catching up with the leaders to do a 4th) side so its hard to tell the level of difference it has made but they've just been flying with a consistency all year, not just the rest of the previous season but the early couple of months of this one as well, rarely seen in a side managed by me. So I think it's the right thing to try and do it yourself.

Don't some players get upset? I remember in previous versions if I forgot a team talk and left it at none then the players would be mad that I didn't give them direction. I still want an option for "throw boot at head" when we're losing because my CB gave away 2 penalties.

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure the game gives you that advice as well doesn't it?! In fact 1 of my mates through away a 2-0 home lead against bottom of the table team by doing that.

Read FrazT's post again, the none option isn't necessarily negative. I use none quite often and players don't complain about it. 2-0 at HT is an automatic none.

Fair enough. I always assumeed it was, due to the tip you get on the processing screen.

even though later when you check they may have been upset by the 'none' half time talk, but in the actual game they play with confidence, so as long as you are positive in the end of match team talk I think it's fine. (provided that you win)

Archived