advice on player role, spurs

I played Defoe up front on his own as an Advance Foward. He scored 25+ goals for me in 3 or 4 consecutive seasons.

I've done an exchange with the Spurs manager in my network game to bring Defoe to Everton with Yakubu going the other way. Both had poor seasons last year so hopefully this year will be better. :D

I've done an exchange with the Spurs manager in my network game to bring Defoe to Everton with Yakubu going the other way. Both had poor seasons last year so hopefully this year will be better. :D

:D:thup: Thats good business. For me Defoe was fantastic. I sure whoever did that trade with you will be kicking themself soon.

Super Pav and Defoe are brilliant for a couple of seasons, certainly until you can bring in the strikers of your choice, Keane and Crouch less so.

If memory serves, I had Pav as a target man (support) with Defoe as a poacher and rotated Crouch in when I had to. Keane was sent out on loan to anyone who'd pay his wages until his contract ran down.

Be wary of keeping them for that season too long, though. Flog both while you can still get a reasonable amount for them. Pav was chocolate teapot like when he hit his 30s :(

Archived