Am I the ONLY one...?

Finished 3rd with Newcastle, sat top for most of the season then had a predictable poor run and pipped by west brom and bristol city!!!! Beat Sheff Utd on penalties in the semi then thrashed Reading 4-0 in the Final. Awoo hoo

Now bored in the prem with a massive 6 million budget :(

You're unlikely to be the only one, but yes, I've seen a few people mentioning in this forum that they got them promoted at the first attempt. Losing the play-offs sucks, hope you have better luck next season!

FM eh? :D haha!

Well i started a save with my beloved Newcastle and only managed to finish 5th and then lost in the Play Off Semi Final to Reading.

But am I the only one who cantget them promoted?

Your not alone. In the demo I only managed 9th and got the sack!

I found it extremely easy. The key for me was selling nearly all the good players. Out of the first team squad I kept Steven Taylor as he is a Geordie lad and was my captain, and then Kevin Nolan, Nicky Butt and Joey Barton simply because I couldn't sell them. Oh and Steve Harper as he is a decent GK at that level.

All the rest went and I brought in players on much cheaper wages (Newcastle's wage bill is ridiculous), mainly from abroad costing no more than £3M each. I made shedloads from selling players so I could bring in loads of players, and if you search around you can find lots of bargains.

I walked the Championship, drawing five, losing two, winning the rest.

FM is extreemly difficult. Anyone who says its easy probably cheats. :p

You should have seen my season with West Ham. Most of my only wins were against top four sides.

The most random season of FM I have ever had, and I have lost faith in the series.

Or anyone who has success just has a good knowledge of real-life tactics, knows what formation and tactics will work in-game, such as what roles to play their strikers in and what attributes you need for certain positions, etc.

It. Is. My. Tactics. :p

8 seasons in and Newcastle didnt get promoted for the first 4, which was funny to see them always bottling the playoffs.

now they are up they are a top half force and have a decent squad.

their manager since 2010 has been Alan Shearer. On a previous save his first job was Spurs and went on to manage Barcelona.

Ezequiel Lavezzi,

I've just started a save with West Ham which I'm looking forward to continuing tonight. From looking at their squad they have a couple of really good players, Green, Upson and Scott Parker (some good young, quick players as well) - Hopefully I should do ok but from looking at a few of your posts recently it sounds like I might have a hard season. Did you get relegated thanks to a wrongly disallowed goal at Man U? I was hoping to push for a place in Europe, might have to revise that aim........

Archived