Premiership comebacks proof!!!!

Hi,

I thought i would investigate the comeback from teams in a losing position in the premiership and found an article from the Mirror Football:-

Liverpool are the Premier League's comeback kings... and here's the proof

Jamie Carragher reckons that Liverpool are "the comeback kings of the world" after the latest Reds resurrection against Bolton last weekend.

Rafa Benitez's men twice came from behind at the Reedbok Stadium on Saturday to pull off a dramatic 3-2 victory.

And the stats bear out the Anfield defender's boast. Since August 2008, Liverpool have won more points coming from behind than any other Premier League club.

In that time, the resilient Reds have claimed 25 points from a losing position – nine more than Arsenal and Manchester United, and 10 more than Chelsea.

So we can see that comebacks are quite rare during a season and would like to compare this with comebacks on FM2010 which we all know are all to often!!!!.

On what basis does that show they're rare? :confused: Both of the last two matches I followed (this week) have had comebacks. One side came back to win, while the other lost. Both were comebacks.

It's pretty simple in that teams will try to come back (ie. going for it when they have nothing to lose, being motivated by a good team talk, knowing the consequences of the result), and it's up to the opposition manager to counter it. A decent manager will use good tactics, substitutions, motivation etc to prevent such, and if it's happening a lot then it's fairly clear what the reason is, surely?

So we can see that comebacks are quite rare during a season and would like to compare this with comebacks on FM2010 which we all know are all to often!!!!.

So, what's stopping you? Please, do some research on a few seasons of EPL, La Liga, Serie A etc., and then do the same on your game.

One article tells nothing.

So, what's stopping you? Please, do some research on a few seasons of EPL, La Liga, Serie A etc., and then do the same on your game.

One article tells nothing.

Here here.

Also. That article only highlights the comebacks of the big 4 - who rarely start off in a losing postiona anyway. It also doesn't show how many cames they lost... not many - Liverpool only lost twice last season.

It's not what I'd call proof...

Im not saying comebacks dont happen its just that there is a balancing problem with FM2010 where comeback happen too often I suppose you never have this as you are great FM players and my tactics must be wrong. I suggest you read Ov Colliers report that there is a unbalance and regardless of going defencive, attacking etc you will lose anyway.

Im not saying comebacks dont happen its just that there is a balancing problem with FM2010 where comeback happen too often I suppose you never have this as you are great FM players and my tactics must be wrong. I suggest you read Ov Colliers report that there is a unbalance and regardless of going defencive, attacking etc you will lose anyway.

provide a link to this report

And you're saying this because you feel that it is. Come back with some hard proof if you're making those claims.

And I did read Ov's post (http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4563234&postcount=30 - I think that's the one you're referring to) and there was nothing saying that "you will lose anyway", just that there are games that are harder to win due to circumstances.

Thanks for showing us how wrong you are and completely undermining your argument. :)

Liverpool aren't getting anything this year; they aren't even getting in next years Europa League In my opininion.

What a pointless post. Leave your personal opinion out and contribute to the topic of the thread, which is about come-backs - not Liverpool!

I'd agree with the majority so far. Its only one article, based on a match that happend in August. Hardly enough to draw a fullsome conclusion from in my opinion.

What a pointless post. Leave your personal opinion out and contribute to the topic of the thread, which is about come-backs - not Liverpool!

I'd agree with the majority so far. Its only one article, based on a match that happend in August. Hardly enough to draw a fullsome conclusion from in my opinion.

Hehe :o How could I help myself?

They probably happen more often to some human users than in real life because in real life managers take the time to tweak their tactics when they want to hang on to a lead. Sometimes it works (Mighty Leeds in the FA Cup) and sometimes it doesn't (Bolton vs Liverpool).

In FM, for me, tha AI very rarely mounts any sort of comeback. I make minor adjudtments at half time no matter what the score is.

Archived